Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Go on then tell me how it could have been better with the rubbish left to us by Cocu?!

We now have one win in our last eleven games.

This record was enough for you to turn Phillip Cocu into Derby enemy number one.

And yet Wayne Rooney achieves the exact same and you come out with all this.

Forgive me for struggling to take the: "you're not balanced" line from you. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What will be will be. If that’s league 1 then so be it. Good chance to blood more youngsters, rebuild, reset and go again in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong. Desperately want to stay up and be fighting for promotion next season. But realistically, that’s a pipe dream. Stick with Rooney, rebuild and go again whatever happens for me. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

This record was enough for you to turn Phillip Cocu into Derby enemy number one.

It's really glaring the difference in opinion in the face of the same results. It doesn't scream balance to me. 

Just now, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

What will be will be. If that’s league 1 then so be it. Good chance to blood more youngsters, rebuild, reset and go again in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong. Desperately want to stay up and be fighting for promotion next season. But realistically, that’s a pipe dream. Stick with Rooney, rebuild and go again whatever happens for me. 

If we go down, on what planet is sticking with Rooney a good idea?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

How was Rooney to deal with the squad left us by Cocu, a squad he took to the bottom of the league?

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

If Birmingham beat Rotherham on Sunday, we will all be thinking we’re fine again. 

Still a long way to go and I do think we can win our home games and that will keep us up. 

People saying we deserve to go down - no we don’t, we have been poo all this season but I’m not sure we deserve to go down. 

Speak for yourself.

Very disappointing to lose that match, especially after being in the ascendancy once we scored the opener. But I’m not surprised one bit. After all, nothing really captures the season in one 90 minutes than what we’ve just witnessed. Second half that was a proper end to end game, meaning it was always going to come down to which team could take their chances. And, as expected, that team was Blackburn rather than us. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team so toothless up front, we created so many guilt edged opportunities but couldn’t take any of them. Just like most other games this season. Then what happened at the other end was equally predictable - throwing away a lead through absolutely atrocious defending, including more errors from Wisdom and Marshall, who have already cost us many times this season. It’s just all too easy playing us. And that’s why we’re going down.

Granted, we probably didn’t deserve to lose that game. There were enough chances for both teams for a draw to be a fair result. But you make mistakes, you get punished - simple as that. And until we start to show some baalocks, we will continue to lose games. And I don’t think this team has the fight required in them.

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

People saying we deserve to go down - no we don’t, we have been poo all this season but I’m not sure we deserve to go down. 

I genuinely do feel we deserve to go down currently. Bigger budget than most of our immediate rivals. Frittered cash away. Arrogantly talked about play offs when we have been terrible all season. Really really drab football. Ability to shoot ourselves in the foot almost every game. No goals. Never coming back once we go behind. 

We may still escape by the skin of our teeth but we definitely don't deserve anything we don't earn with a massive upturn over the next few games. 

8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Were you actually watching the match? It was provably Bird’s best match, he pushed forwards and passed forwards. And the striker was ready going down before Bird challenged.

Apart from that, it was pretty spot on.

Bird, Shinnie and Roberts all brilliant for me. Bird didn’t put a foot wrong all game. Anyone suggesting differently clearly just doesn’t like Bird

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I genuinely do feel we deserve to go down currently. Bigger budget than most of our immediate rivals. Frittered cash away. Arrogantly talked about play offs when we have been terrible all season. Really really drab football. Ability to shoot ourselves in the foot almost every game. No goals. Never coming back once we go behind. 

We may still escape by the skin of our teeth but we definitely don't deserve anything we don't earn with a massive upturn over the next few games. 

We do deserve to go down in my book too. Giving the job to a rookie manager just because the assumption was there that'd we're too big, or our squad was too good to go down is just pure arrogance. Rotherham play better as a team than us, we got a bunch of points from individual brilliance from Bielik who's too good for this league when fit. We're a rubbish team, and our manager is crap. 

5 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Bird, Shinnie and Roberts all brilliant for me. Bird didn’t put a foot wrong all game. Anyone suggesting differently clearly just doesn’t like Bird

Yep. He was over cautious all game. He needs to grow some.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. He was over cautious all game. He needs to grow some.

Some what? Potatoes? Some marrows? Parsnips maybe? He did exactly what we needed time and time again, composed and assured, lay the ball off and repeat. It’s no his fault we can’t defend corners and wisdom falls over. Get a grip fella

Archived