Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

You've lost it so badly that you're now writing your own posts to reply to, Roy. 

Very reminiscent of the final days of Trump. Sad!

No. That is what you were implying. You have no sense of balance. Rooney was left with a paper thin squad that even after bringing in 5 loans has been decimated again. But we made enough chances and didn't take them. If that had been under Cocu we'd still be passing the ball along the back four.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bird floated around midfield and (I'm sure you'll find the stats) most of his passes were slowly sideways. He closed down almost no-one and should have been sent off for the challenge on Armstrong(?).

Were you actually watching the match? It was provably Bird’s best match, he pushed forwards and passed forwards. And the striker was ready going down before Bird challenged.

Apart from that, it was pretty spot on.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

No. That is what you were implying. You have no sense of balance. Rooney was left with a paper thin squad that even after bringing in 5 loans has been decimated again. But we made enough chances and didn't take them. If that had been under Cocu we'd still be passing the ball along the back four.

I have no sense of balance? 

Pot and kettle come to mind, there. 

23 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

We are going down, we should play the rest of the season accordingly and prepare for it because next season could be a mess. We won't be a club that is going down with stability. 

Your name is Lord Halifax and I claim my 5 guineas.

3 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Truly gutted, but we have to hold our nerve now and grind out a couple of results. Unfortunately going down will not quite be the same as in 1984 and I fear how much further we might fall. Anyway on to Preston and just wish I could be there to support the team, I hate watching this unfold on TV. UTR

Exactly this. Won't be any signing of top division players with something left in the tank like the old days. They won't be affordable and won't drop down.  Also with likely Wednesday, Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth etc the league is much tougher, the whole landscape has changed .

Anyone who thinks it will be a jolly reminiscence of the old days is deluded or simply trying to make themselves feel better.  Absolute disaster financially and for the future of the club.

16 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

I'm very worried that even if we do go down. It won't be one of those cases where the team goes straight back up. We could be there for a while!! ?

we go down with half a squad and no strikers at the club.yet Rooney talks of keeping waghorn and gregory,two of the people responsible for this tram smash/we wont get back with this seasons failures

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I still think it will come down to our home games.

Win them and we’ll be safe.

We can’t be trusted away from home. Too prone to self sabotage.

I hope you won’t be offended when I say you’re one of the more pessimistic posters on the forum.

Your confidence in our fate is reassuring, so I thank you.

I’m still pooping it mind.

Just now, DavesaRam said:

Were you actually watching the match? It was provably Bird’s best match, he pushed forwards and passed forwards. And the striker was ready going down before Bird challenged.

Apart from that, it was pretty spot on.

?

Give me the chances he created then? He's so slow of thought.

Shinnie was much better.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? Get away. We aren't toss and Rooney hasn't had 46 games.

Roy. You spent the whole last year slating Cocu for a top half finish. Now Rooney is going to relegate us with the same squad. Did Cocu do better than you gave him credit for, or is Rooney rubbish? It's one or the other.

I know people have been saying that the last minute penalty claim should have been irrelevant if we'd been able to defend and/or take the chances created but you have to say it was a stone-waller.

Ive watched it back three times and it wasn't even debatable. And the ref was superbly sighted too.

Must have had a tight train connection and the extra two minutes to take the spot kick would have caused him the be stuck in Crewe for three hours. In which case, I can understand his thinking.

Just now, Andicis said:

Roy. You spent the whole last year slating Cocu for a top half finish. Now Rooney is going to relegate us with the same squad. Did Cocu do better than you gave him credit for, or is Rooney rubbish? It's one or the other.

The relegation fight  is down to Cocu. He left us with no decent striker - we can't score goals for love nor money.

20 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

We lost that game because we can’t defend, not because we can’t score.

Clarke was nowhere near fit and Wisdom... well, let’s see who gives him a contract next season because I’ll be amazed if he’s not on the free agent list by September. 

failure to hit the target cost us the match,we had enough clear chances first half to have had the game dead and buried

Archived