Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bird floated around midfield and (I'm sure you'll find the stats) most of his passes were slowly sideways. He closed down almost no-one and should have been sent off for the challenge on Armstrong(?).

Talking out of your backside once again.

Tonight was quite easily his best game for some while, on the front foot and positive with his passing all game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

What will be will be. If that’s league 1 then so be it. Good chance to blood more youngsters, rebuild, reset and go again in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong. Desperately want to stay up and be fighting for promotion next season. But realistically, that’s a pipe dream. Stick with Rooney, rebuild and go again whatever happens for me. 

I'm afraid any of these so called wonder kids won't want time spent in League 1 on the CV.  Bad enough to have a relegation from the championship on it after all the smoke blown up the proverbial.  If the agent can arrange a quick get away they can still tell the girls in Magaluf on the summer holidays they play in the championship and hide the shame. Like rats from a sinking ship.

Know where I'd like to stick Rooney.

1 minute ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Some what? Potatoes? Some marrows? Parsnips maybe? He did exactly what we needed time and time again, composed and assured, lay the ball off and repeat. It’s no this fault we can’t defend corners and wisdom falls over. Get a grip fella

It's his fault his first thought is to pass sideways or backwards. He's not done as much as Shinnie by a long chalk. Shinnie at least makes the best of what qualties he has.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Talking out of your backside once again.

Tonight was quite easily his best game for some while, on the front foot and positive with his passing all game.

Go on then point out the chances he created. BTW Shinnie created more.

Now down to four games and there bare minimum to give us at least a slight chance is 4 points,but were are they going to come from,if there not from the next three games i wouldnt back this lot in a last match winner takes all even if Weds are already down by then.

I still think the last place is between us and Rotherham and if we could muster 4 more points and its a big if it will leave Rotherham 7 games to get 9 points or even 8 if goal difference plays a part.I think all the rest around us have a least one win in them

35 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Get Rooney gone. Get someone with some history managing in rather than the work experience boys. 

Mac and Chris Powell in for the last 4 games.

A different manager will not finish the chances we had tonight or not bother to challenge his man from a corner OR slip at a very bad time.

HEAD - WOBBLE

Just now, Ruud Aralliss said:

A different manager will not finish the chances we had tonight or not bother to challenge his man from a corner OR slip at a very bad time.

HEAD - WOBBLE

A different manager would set us up to move the ball quicker so we'd have significantly more chances over the whole season. This is the most abject attack I've ever seen in a Derby squad. It's pathetic. Maybe you should give your head a wobble? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's his fault his first thought is to pass sideways or backwards. He's not done as much as Shinnie by a long chalk. Shinnie at least makes the best of what qualties he has.

Sorry- completely disagree. He looks like he could be quality player for us. 

Ie, keep the balling moving and not lose position and wriggle out of awkward looking positions effortlessly to lay it off to one of the 4 forwards on the pitch? No of course, sorry, I stand corrected. Why on earth didn’t he dribble round the entire Blackburn team and just put it in the net like any normal person would do

1 minute ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Ie, keep the balling moving and not lose position and wriggle out of awkward looking positions effortlessly to lay it off to one of the 4 forwards on the pitch? No of course, sorry, I stand corrected. Why on earth didn’t he dribble round the entire Blackburn team and just put it in the net like any normal person would do

Dunno, because he prefers to pass sideways?

Doesn't help us one bit, but I'm pretty sure the Ref will not be happy with his decision to not award a penalty. It was an error. I remember WBA, I think, getting a penalty a season or so back for a similar thing - except that our defender was around a foot away when their player went down!

The Ref had a good game apart from the last minute!

Go on then point out the chances he created. BTW Shinnie created more.

I'd have to watch the game back to point out chances he helped create, so maybe later.

BTW, watch Shinnie for their first goal.

Clarke has his eye on the goalscorer, all Shinnie has to do is position himself inside Clarke to block the shot if the fella comes inside, he's well positioned to do so.

Instead he hares across in front of the forward, and allows him to easily step inside and have a clear sight of goal.

Shinnie had his usual eye catching game, but that doesn't mean he was faultless.

Archived