Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

Poor result after some really promising play from Derby. Bad goals to give away and yes Marshall made some good saves but overall we should have won that. 

Wisdom was wobbly all night with Armstrong buzzing around with purpose. Waiting for his mistake tbh. Clarke poor majority of game also. Bird very good tonight with shinnie early on. 

Did anyone notice how slow the game and passing was from the whole team when colin came on. Very poor. 

Subs as a whole were pointless apart from our young right back/ new centre forward who should have got a pen. 

Very disappointing and we are in real bother now. Extremely worried about the drop now. They were there for the taking big time. Sad sad state of affairs. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their only threat was Armstrong. Marshall won that battle. Some really good football but we need to put games to bed. Ebosele PACE PACE PACE start the lad don’t give him 5 minutes. Every defender is scared of pace. I can’t even have a drink yet ?

Well... this is the most negative I've felt after a game all season (and that's saying something). Even when we play alright we still find a way to come away with nothing.

We're rapidly getting dragged towards the trapdoor now ? and if we end up going down, we'll have deserved it. This has been the worst season overall performance wise since 'that' season in the Prem.

Krystian Bielik is my player of the season. Only in the 13 games in which he was involved did we look like a team that half meant business.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have kept the faith with this side all season but I am now resigned to the fact that they haven't got the resilience to stay up.

There is too little intent despite all the neat football, and our error-strewn defence makes it almost impossible for us to hang on to a lead.

Regain your faith @angieram!

I have always been a pessimist (realist) and I rely on others to drag me through hard times. Times are hard, but we ........................

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Maybe they need some pressure applying to them because coasting through these matches like everything will be fine isn't really working. 

Oh yeah right, the only one I thought was coasting tonight was Bird and Fozzy.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've not had a lot of luck. We were a slight bounce or two away from Roberts and others going through in the box. The ref was lenient which didn't help us. We don't deserve relegation. I reckon if we'd been lucky and been able to keep Gregory fit he'd have scored a couple - he knows where to be.

Bad luck doesn't relegate a team. Being absolute toss for 46 games does. 

It's not looking very good, but nothing is over until it's over, we are not relegated yet and those who say so have IMO a losing attitude which i hope is not shared by too many of our players. 

Rooney may not be up to Championship management yet, but he has a temperament and i don't see him going down without a fight.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We've not had a lot of luck. We were a slight bounce or two away from Roberts and others going through in the box. The ref was lenient which didn't help us. We don't deserve relegation. I reckon if we'd been lucky and been able to keep Gregory fit he'd have scored a couple - he knows where to be.

How so Roy? If we score infrequently and gift goals more often, that's not a recipe for success. 

Rooney got it right at the beginning playing a fluid attacking your line up once we got the goal (first 20 minutes we were on the back foot and looked dodgy) we dominated the game until half time and were unfortunate to go in level. Second half becomes much more even- they had 3 or 4 good chances and suddenly we look a lot more vulnerable. Rooney's subs especially CKR killed our attacking flow, made us much slower, less agile, and less fluid making it much easier for Blackburn to deal with us. 

Defensively we were pretty shocking. I highlighted that set pieces were likely to be an issue for us and so it proved. Rooney again seems unable to create a balanced team- our attacking dynamism was often coupled with space suddenly appearing all over the park for Blackburn to roam into. Individually at the back we're not good enough to go toe to toe with attackers- they need a better shape and more support to make us less vulnerable on the break and that's been clear all season. 

We played really well for around 50 minutes today which is encouraging but I think Rooney's tactical decisions in game cost us a win today. Rooney's interviews saying 'we won't go down we're too good' are just such absolute nonsense and an embarrassment- clearly being where we are is literally proof we are more than capable of getting relegated especially under his management. I think if we play like we did in the 50 minutes of good football we'll easily get out of it- play like the majority of the second half and it's time to put fleetwood in the satnav. 

Archived