Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Shinnie had his usual eye catching game, but that doesn't mean he was faultless.

I agree. But he contributed as well as messing up. Bird was lucky (I don't care if their player was already going down) not to be sent off. It seems he has little football intelligence at crucial times. Maybe with experience but I don't see it, be very happy to sell him.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

A different manager will not finish the chances we had tonight or not bother to challenge his man from a corner OR slip at a very bad time.

HEAD - WOBBLE

A different manager might not make silly changes and might organise the defence in a way that means the tallest player on the opposition’s team isn’t given a free header...

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

A different manager might not make silly changes and might organise the defence in a way that means the tallest player on the opposition’s team isn’t given a free header...

TBF if a defence playing in the second tier of English football doesn’t know how to mark from a corner, Rooney is onto a loser. It’s pretty basic stuff.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'd have to watch the game back to point out chances he helped create, so maybe later.

BTW, watch Shinnie for their first goal.

Clarke has his eye on the goalscorer, all Shinnie has to do is position himself inside Clarke to block the shot if the fella comes inside, he's well positioned to do so.

Instead he hares across in front of the forward, and allows him to easily step inside and have a clear sight of goal.

Shinnie had his usual eye catching game, but that doesn't mean he was faultless.

Sure their first goal was a header 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Did Wayne tell Tom who to mark at the corner? No.  It’s up to the defence to organise the set up. Ffs.

Also what silly changes were made?

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Rooney said again post match 'I am sure we will stay up'

So he’s gone from saying “we will stay up”, to “I am sure we will stay up”. 

Tuesday it will be “I hope we stay up”.

After Sheffield Wednesday, it will probably be “I think I’ll swap jobs with Gary Bowyer if my ex team mates want to employ me”. 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

TBF if a defence playing in the second tier of English football doesn’t know how to mark from a corner, Rooney is onto a loser. It’s pretty basic stuff.

Aye well why bother coaching them at all then? Passing and moving is pretty basic stuff. Shooting on target is pretty basic stuff. Tackling and blocking crosses is pretty basic stuff. 

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

A different manager would set us up to move the ball quicker so we'd have significantly more chances over the whole season. This is the most abject attack I've ever seen in a Derby squad. It's pathetic. Maybe you should give your head a wobble? 

We had enough chances to win that game.  We have so many first team players out,  I’m suprised we are still in games.  What would you do??

Just now, Ruud Aralliss said:

We had enough chances to win that game.  We have so many first team players out,  I’m suprised we are still in games.  What would you do??

Our predicament is about more than one game. This is our lowest scoring season in a long long time. It's not about finishing. We don't create enough chances. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Our predicament is about more than one game. This is our lowest scoring season in a long long time. It's not about finishing. We don't create enough chances. 

I think that the whole league is scoring less, not just us.

3 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Did Wayne tell Tom who to mark at the corner? No.  It’s up to the defence to organise the set up. Ffs.

Also what silly changes were made?

Okay so the coach doesn’t tell his players who they’re marking at set pieces? Interesting ?

Changing the system which was working in the first half. Bringing on CKR (did okay so not an insult to him) which meant the fluidity of the top 4 was lost. Bringing on 2 Inexperienced players when things weren’t going too badly. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

It is, you're right. But I think our drop off has been especially acute. 

50% drop off. If the league has scored less this season, it's probably down to the 31 less goals Derby have scored. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Apart from stating the obvious, what do you think WR did wrong tonight.  We should’ve been 0-2 at the break thanks to Roberts, we we were not  Sibley, great save, Kasim had 2 unbelievable goal scoring opportunities.  Wayne ain’t on the pitch anymore.

Archived