Has Steve McClaren Gone (Again)?

Nuwtfly

Quick question - has Steve McClaren left the club (again)?

I’m sure it was reported a while ago that he was on a short term deal, and I haven’t seen any footage of him for a while now. Not heard from him, and still no interview with RamsTV. 

If he was brought in to advise the new owners, who don’t seem to now be coming at all, then does he still need to be there? Or maybe Rooney just didn’t want him around or feel he needs him.

Either way, would be interested to know if he’s still at the club and what he’s doing. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Quick question - has Steve McClaren left the club (again)?

I’m sure it was reported a while ago that he was on a short term deal, and I haven’t seen any footage of him for a while now. Not heard from him, and still no interview with RamsTV. 

If he was brought in to advise the new owners, who don’t seem to now be coming at all, then does he still need to be there? Or maybe Rooney just didn’t want him around or feel he needs him.

Either way, would be interested to know if he’s still at the club and what he’s doing. 

Probably shaking his head at the nonsense being served up on the pitch.

I've mentioned in another topic that I haven't seen him for a while..he seemed to go missing after Rooney's slightly caustic comments about his input a while ago.

Hope he hasn't gone anywhere as Rooney dearly needs to lean on him for advice at the moment..we are abysmal.

I thought he was looking after the Director of Football side of things "for now" whatever his titleis,  as the takeover isn't happening and Mel has other things to be focused on (get well soon) so I'm not sure what his title is, or how long he's going to be at the club but I assume it's "doing stuff that needs doing until the end of the season working with Pearce et al and having meetings with Rooney et al" - that is my guess though, not ITK or anything.

Where, oh where is that Rooney magic?

Last three games have been downright tragic!

What has happened to superSchteve?

Did the guru decide to leave!

Just when did our Louis Sibley

Start to play like the reverend Dibley.

Marshall's hurt and now Kelle Roos

Has to stand in the great man's shoes.

We've a fine team and Rooney too

We've all seen how well they can do

All I'm saying is 'Supermac..

Stop your roaming and Please COME BACK!'

Think he was initially brought in on a temporary deal, to become permanent on the completion of the takeover. Since the takeover won’t go through in the next century, that would be the longest temporary deal ever. Maybe now even Mel appears to have given up on the Sheikh, McClaren has left the club? 

That said, he’s only an advisor so I don’t think we’d expect to see/hear that much from him. So he could still be here in the background.

Archived