The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

So the Omicron variant is replacing the unbelievably scary Delta variant and Delta replaced the unbelievably scary virus from March 2020. 

Just imagine if Omicron had come in March 2020 without any triple vaccine in place. Doesn’t bare thinking about  

I’m beginning to get worried there’s going to be an even scarier variant that’s going to come around in 6-12 months that the 6th vaccine might not cope with. 

31 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

So the Omicron variant is replacing the unbelievably scary Delta variant and Delta replaced the unbelievably scary virus from March 2020. 

Just imagine if Omicron had come in March 2020 without any triple vaccine in place. Doesn’t bare thinking about  

I’m beginning to get worried there’s going to be an even scarier variant that’s going to come around in 6-12 months that the 6th vaccine might not cope with. 

According to the lady who led the AZ vaccine  development, virus mutate and get weaker. They may spread faster but not as bad and that seems to be the case with omicron

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Long article on various covid related stories and the march got this (in its entirety)

'Meanwhile, police officers suffered minor injuries during "scuffles" at a protest against coronavirus restrictions at Westminster.'

Approx 10k at the march and a handful of idiots make a sentence in a footnote of a related article.  I suppose thats the march covered in detail then by the BBC.

10k from the whole of the country, marching against passes and stuff. Meh.

9 hours ago, Archied said:

Nope , the last line is guff that just drives people away from having it if they are sick to death of lies hypocrisy and dishonesty from above ,you want to get boosters then crack on ,your choice

It's not guff though... it makes you less likely to spread it as far and wide and also reduces your chance of serious ill health. If more people have it, fewer people are ill which allows for more time and space for those who do become seriously ill. 

4 hours ago, maxjam said:

Approx 10k at the march and a handful of idiots

10k is more than a handful

These prats make insulate Britain look like geniuses

"We don't like lockdowns, let's do something that will make lockdowns more likely, by having a mass gathering in the epicentre of the pandemic"

Durrrr

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps they can all be relocated to Anthrax Island . Perfectly safe apparently and a little bit of virus clearly doesn't bother them.  No vaccine passports or face masks required on the bus or in a shop. Perhaps freedom innit can be their leader.  Everyone's a winner.  A terrible strain for all of them this, akin to living under the Khmer Rouge. 

3 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

According to the lady who led the AZ vaccine  development, virus mutate and get weaker. They may spread faster but not as bad and that seems to be the case with omicron

It's certainly what happened with 'Spanish Flu' 1918-1920 - eventually. That killed ten times as many as Covid-19 to date - however, it underwent a mutation which made it far more deadly first, before a more virulent yet less deadly mutation gained the ascendancy.

It is not a hard and fast rule though. West Nile and Ebola viruses mutated into more deadly forms before dying out (along with their hosts).

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

10k is more than a handful

These prats make insulate Britain look like geniuses

"We don't like lockdowns, let's do something that will make lockdowns more likely, by having a mass gathering in the epicentre of the pandemic"

Durrrr

Don’t remember you being so aggressive regards BLM mass gatherings and that was when we knew even less about covid ,

the old one rule for one kicks in , perhaps your more boris and his ilk than you realise??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Don’t remember you being so aggressive regards BLM mass gatherings and that was when we knew even less about covid ,

the old one rule for one kicks in , perhaps your more boris and his ilk than you realise??‍♂️

Spot on.

Guarantee there will be some feeble excuse though, or some rubbish about them social distancing and wearing masks.

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Its on the Beebs website. They've made a huge point of saying that he died after contracting Covid. The chap was 80 years old. I can still remember the lyrics to I've got a brand new combine harvester sadly. 

Well no reason to doubt that he died after he caught COVID if that's what the BBC say. Although whether cause of death is normally in the headline, fair point BBC probably bigging it up. I don't remember it was ever stated what another, more famous  80 year old drummer died from. With Charlie watts I think it was complications after  a medical procedure... I suppose really none of our business.  

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Don’t remember you being so aggressive regards BLM mass gatherings

??‍♂️

I don't remember having an opinion on it either. We're so alike!

Now what's your opinion on the mugs demonstrating yesterday? What was their aim? What are they trying to achieve? Have they actually thought it through?

Or just go ahead and deflect by going on about something you can't remember that I may or may not have said last year about something unrelated

OUTRAGED NHS staff are threatening to quit after being asked to believe in the efficacy of medicine to prevent disease and illness. 

Frontline health workers told they must get vaccinated to protect themselves and have reacted angrily to the idea that modern medical science has anything to offer.

Senior nurse William McKay said: “I’m okay with doing healing stuff to other people. More fool them.

“But just because I do it doesn’t mean I have to believe in it. That was never part of the job. They don’t make a New Look worker have total faith in the clothes they sell, so why is this any different?"

INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT LEGAL DISCLAIMER FOLLOWS:

This is a post from THE DAILY MASH  and not me, my dad or my dog. None of us are trying to claim authorship, though my dog has stated categorically that had he in fact written this, it would have been much funnier.

Also, in order to prevent the massed hoards of Mashite legal teams marching on Grimsby to seize David's house, car and chattels, this article HAS NOT been posted in its entirety. May I suggest you all take a moment for a huge, collective sigh of relief.

More at: 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/outrage-as-nhs-staff-asked-to-believe-in-medicine-20211110214131