The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

It's a week on Monday.

Probably just pissing it down.

And cold.

Still, necking a pint at treble the cost of drinking at home, while having the delightful aftertaste of cleaning fluid from the 6 month dormant lines should be well worth it!

Mrs Devils b'day the day before, and seeing as she missed out last year I couldn't refuse her request for a day out!

Seeing as I've been doing her hair, her birthday present hat should come in handy. 

So it is, all over the place with dates at the minute. We're booked in our local for the 24th, thought we'd leave it a bit. Built a load of cabins outside so we should be fine no matter the weather, although would be nice if it wasn't cold.

122858422_1291575657841632_7754707840215804786_n.jpg

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Who's the 1% then?

Taking the fifth.

In other news, pub dates for reopening being put back due to a new variant being found. Boris to announce later along with some other changes.

17 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Irrelevant questions now as we will never know, who knows could of been less without restrictions? As we are seeing in cases like Florida vs California. Anyway now there are 30 million people vaccinated at least once against a virus with a >98% survival rate, and a survival rate of >99.9% with those not vaccinated. Having these restrictions in place now is doing far far more damage than what they are allegedly protecting against. 

Brazil looks fun

Vaccine passports. Brilliant. 

As it stands, I will have worked throughout the entire pandemic, caught Covid from my workplace that was rife with it, gave it to my immediate family, and will be last to enjoy the what I call the essentials to having a basic life again.

Ah well. That's life. It was all a conspiracy theory. 

Protect the NHS. Save lives. Stay at home. I've done that. So let me enjoy the same freedoms as everyone else.

Edited by Norman

Although having read on, I would only need to provide a negative test as part of any vaccination passport scheme to enjoy the same freedoms. 

Wonder why the article didn't put that in its headlines, or even the strap lines.

Edited by Norman

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Although having read on, I would only need to provide a negative test as part of any vaccination passport scheme to enjoy the same freedoms. 

Wonder why the article didn't put that in its headlines, or even the strap lines.

It elicited the rage it was intended to - that's how newspapers work. If the reaction is unsavoury towards the government as opposed to making Boris appear to be working tirelessly for the good of the party/nation/union/planet, it will shortly be followed by a "Look over there - MEGHAN" article.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

It elicited the rage it was intended to - that's how newspapers work. If the reaction is unsavoury towards the government as opposed to making Boris appear to be working tirelessly for the good of the party/nation/union/planet, it will shortly be followed by a "Look over there - MEGHAN" article.

Same as headline such as “drivers over 70 face driving curfew”. If you read the article it’s a positive thing (if I remember correctly) as it actually allow older drivers otherwise banned from at least driving during the day.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Not against having a vaccine, will take mine when offered, but this is so wrong and makes little sense.

Train, bus, pub no issue, but watching a film in the cinema, get your passport out.

05F5857E-F6A9-4B17-A41C-51655239A229.jpeg

So my wife will be able to go to those and I won't. I'm sure she'll be happy about that. 

Edited by rynny

Just now, rynny said:

So my wife will be able to go to those and I won't. I'm she'll be happy about that. 

If you have recently passed a negative test or antibody test you can still go.

How recent? Unknown right now, it’s clear though the intention is to force people into vaccinations and I don’t like that at all.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, as I don’t follow the news too closely anymore, but I’m led to believe having the vaccination doesn’t prevent transmission, just prevents serious illness which would hospitalise you?

Looking at the numbers of people already vaccinated, would the strain on the NHS already been lifted to cope with the number of those that choose to risk going without?

Happy to admit I’m wrong on the above, as I say I largely try to avoid the news now.

35 minutes ago, David said:

Not against having a vaccine, will take mine when offered, but this is so wrong and makes little sense.

Train, bus, pub no issue, but watching a film in the cinema, get your passport out.

05F5857E-F6A9-4B17-A41C-51655239A229.jpeg

I'd love to see the scientific reasoning behind some of these. There appear to be glaring contradictions and some of them make no sense at all. You can crowd onto a bus or train with no passport, but having travelled on said train or bus to get to a festival you'll need a passport to sit in the open air in a field listening to music. ????????

42 minutes ago, David said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, as I don’t follow the news too closely anymore

There is no news anymore. This will be just leaks to the media about vague ideas which may be considered. Depending on how this is taken, parts of these rules may be rolled out in different places with little or no consistency.

Some people will be beaten by police for having a small family outdoor bbq without full vaccine certificates, where other forces will allow huge indoor raves. The police will have to try and work out the "rules" themselves from a midnight tweet from a journalist.

It's called freedom. With great power comes literally no responsibility.

On 22/03/2021 at 12:26, ariotofmyown said:

There seems to be a fair degree of happiness/smugness that the UK is doing better on vaccines than the big countries in Europe, and politicians like Macron somehow deserve it.

Might be worth remembering that these countries are our closest partners and friends. Don't buy into the jingoism that we are better and not to trust them. Don't follow the desperate tabloid agendas.

Can't everyone just be happy that we are getting loads of people vaccinated without having to take pleasure in the suffering of others? Just imagine that the French Grandma of that colleague dies before she can get the vaccine? Not so funny then.

It's like the tabloid attitude when we have a heatwave. Find a few "hot" places like Greece, Barbados, Sydney etc and brag about how the UK is hotter than these losers.

I totally agree with the sentiment but there is another set of folk that in the same way relish any UK “failure” and are just as capable and smug when pointing to any European “success” 

The camps and polarisation that we all adopt, usually on personal ideological grounds I find really depressing. I’m far from innocent too. I guess because we are so polarised we all feel the need to push back instead of rationalising.

Anyway, undeniable that everyone involved has done a fantastic job on the vaccines