Patrick Roberts - Gone to Troyes on loan

inter politics

37 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

I remember back in 2014 after the World Cup, a national newspaper ran a competition to name the team for Russia 2018, with journalists chipping in. Most had young players like Hart, Kane, Sterling, Wilshere, Stones, Barkley, Welbeck and Shaw in their side. I had Fulham's Patrick Roberts in the left-back position, so have always followed him closely, thinking he'd become a star player one day.

Did you have Dele Alli in goal?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We did - till we reached an agreement with this loan.   ?.  Maybe we're due some add on for Delap if he's hit a trigger.  Maybe were giving them 4 x 15 year olds in exchange like some weird baby farm. May have more legs than the other stuff on here today if they can recall him.

Our players have more legs? No wonder they're in demand.

I keep telling my missus that my nickname at school was Tripod, must have shrunk in the wash.

44 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Why?

Because he looked an outstanding young player, playing as an attacking left back and stood out above any around at that time, including Ben Chilwell. The left backs then were Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw. After his move to Manchester City he has always played as a winger, mainly on the right, but one I hoped one day he could end up here. Stagnated at Middlesborough under Warnock.

4 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Because he looked an outstanding young player, playing as an attacking left back and stood out above any around at that time, including Ben Chilwell. The left backs then were Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw. After his move to Manchester City he has always played as a winger, mainly on the right, but one I hoped one day he could end up here. Stagnated at Middlesborough under Warnock.

Isn't physical enough for Warnock's style.

Posted at 16:2616:26

Derby to clinch City's Roberts

Simon Stone

BBC Sport reporter

Derby are hoping to clinch a deal for Manchester City striker Patrick Roberts before this evening’s deadline.

Wayne Rooney has been busy trying to bolster his squad today after the frustrations over the time taken for the club’s proposed takeover to go through.

Roberts signed a two-and-a-half year extension to his City contract in 2019, that is not due to run out until next year.

That will take his stay at the Etihad Stadium to seven years – but he has only played for them three times.

He has so far had seven different loan deals with four clubs and has been with Middlesbrough since January 2020.

44 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Smart signing if we can manage it. Got a funny feeling that Boro won’t like the idea of this if they get wind that we’re after him...

They want rid of him - not warnock’s type of player biggish wages - they were hoping to sell assombalonga to Bristol for £2 million and get his huge wages off the wage bill but looks unlikely because he won’t reduce his wages so Roberts needs to move off the wage bill