Patrick Roberts - Gone to Troyes on loan

inter politics

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I was just expecting England's all time top goalscorer and Manchester United's to have some better players in mind than bloody Lee Gregory and George edmundson,  players that can't get in the Stoke and rangers squad,  feel like he could of been more cheeky and used his contacts niasse is a free agent , he'll even sturridge might be up for it we got rooney to join didn't we? Plenty of players on the fringes of prem teams that we could of gone for on loans just like Gregory ?‍♂️ what do you think of the transfer deals so far mate?

He might be Wayne Rooney, England and United’s record scorer, but we’re still Derby County, skint and 18th in the Championship.

Sturridge would be great, but when did he last play, and is he actually what we need right now?

8 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I was just expecting England's all time top goalscorer and Manchester United's to have some better players in mind than bloody Lee Gregory and George edmundson,  players that can't get in the Stoke and rangers squad,  feel like he could of been more cheeky and used his contacts niasse is a free agent , he'll even sturridge might be up for it we got rooney to join didn't we? Plenty of players on the fringes of prem teams that we could of gone for on loans just like Gregory ?‍♂️ what do you think of the transfer deals so far mate?

We need to make signings who can help us carry on our recent form, good, solid Championship players or those we think are good enough and have the right attitude to to step into the team and fight for everything.

There's little point in us making 'exciting' signings for a 4-5 month spell when realistically the best finish we can hope for is around 10th. We can look at the sort of player you're talking about once we're safe & the future of the club is more certain - those signings will likely cost money, which is something we don't have a lot of at the minute.

Sit tight, Rooney is good enough to steer us out of trouble & we're making sensible signings to help with that.

Edited by Coconut

Just now, JohnHarkes said:

He might be Wayne Rooney, England and United’s record scorer, but we’re still Derby County, skint and 18th in the Championship.

Sturridge would be great, but when did he last play, and is he actually what we need right now?

Was just an example mate , qpr signed johansen from Fulham,  Brentford has signed Winson Reid on loan , we signed lee Green toad Gregory ?‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

We need to make signings who can help us carry on our recent form, good, solid Championship players or those we think are good enough and have the right attitude to to step into the team and fight for everything.

There's little point in us making 'exciting' signings for a 4-5 month spell when realistically the best finish we can hope for is around 10th. We can look at the sort of player you're talking about once we're safe & the future of the club is more certain - those signings will likely cost money, which is something we don't have a lot of at the minute.

Sit tight, Rooney is good enough to steer us out of trouble & we're making sensible signings to help with that.

I get what you're saying,  but based on the other deals I've seen done in the championship including teams around us have been considerably better than ours and our also loans that we could of afforded , Rooney has made out like he's had players for months and that he is getting the players he wants, and the ones we have got aren't great and they are his preferred targets ?

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

I get what you're saying,  but based on the other deals I've seen done in the championship including teams around us have been considerably better than ours and our also loans that we could of afforded , Rooney has made out like he's had players for months and that he is getting the players he wants, and the ones we have got aren't great and they are his preferred targets ?

All your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Simply your opinion. Doesn't make it right or wrong. Also the more you say it doesn't increase the probability of it being right.

But how do you know the new players aren’t any good? At least see them in a  Rams shirt first....

Was just an example mate , qpr signed johansen from Fulham,  Brentford has signed Winson Reid on loan , we signed lee Green toad Gregory ?‍♂️ 

Fair enough, but we hadn’t even paid our players a couple of weeks ago, we’re not in a position to be making big name signings and unlikely to be able to attract them either. We need solid, short term solutions to get us through the rest of this season. 
The club can’t afford to be paying big loan fees, or large percentages of big salaries if there’s still a chance we’ll be relegated.
Lee Gregory’s a solid back up in this league,  we need some grafters to get us through the next 4/5 months. 

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

God no would rather watch my dad in the shower whilst singing the beegies 

Sorry but is your dad in the shower AND singing Bee Gees songs, or is your dad in the shower and you're singing Bee Gees songs, or are you in the shower singing Bee Gees songs and watching your dad's response? Besides that, why are you both in the bathroom when one of you is in the shower anyway?

...and what's wrong with the Bee Gees!?

Classic!

Edited by Coconut

Just now, JohnHarkes said:

Fair enough, but we hadn’t even paid our players a couple of weeks ago, we’re not in a position to be making big name signings and unlikely to be able to attract them either. We need solid, short term solutions to get us through the rest of this season. 
The club can’t afford to be paying big loan fees, or large percentages of big salaries if there’s still a chance we’ll be relegated.
Lee Gregory’s a solid back up in this league,  we need some grafters to get us through the next 4/5 months. 

Gregory has scored 37 goals in 180 championships games and Rooney said we need more goals to stay up , do you think he's a solid solution to get us more goals and stay up? Not saying he can't do a job but he's not a solid goalscorer that's going to get us goals 

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Sorry but is your dad in the shower AND singing Bee Gees songs, or is your dad in the shower and you're singing Bee Gees songs, or are you in the shower singing Bee Gees songs and watching your dad's response? Besides that, why are you both in the bathroom when one of you is in the shower anyway?

...and what's wrong with the Bee Gees!?

We don't live together so we don't share the bathroom,  but if I had the choice of watching qpr or this then I'd resite the beegees album and sing it with him or without him!

Gregory has scored 37 goals in 180 championships games and Rooney said we need more goals to stay up , do you think he's a solid solution to get us more goals and stay up? Not saying he can't do a job but he's not a solid goalscorer that's going to get us goals 

He might be great for assists, we do need players that know where the onion bag is though.....  Lets give the lad a chance, after all he destroyed the red dogs play-off chances last year ?

17 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I've been sulking for the past few hours and the misses isn't one bit impressed ?

Mine neither. Apparently I said I'd buy her a nice dinner tonight (takeaway obvs!) but she's blue-screened her PC and has been moaning for hours that I won't lend her mine. Says she can't read the menus on her phone. Yeah, right! There's beans and crackers in the cupboard love! 

* I'm laughing now but she's terrifying and I know I'll be paying a heavy price tomorrow, literally!!!