Patrick Roberts - Gone to Troyes on loan

inter politics

Not sure another right winger is really a massive priority to be honest, we’ve already got Waghorn, Mitchell-Lawson and Ibe back as well. 

Does look like this one is happening though, and to be fair, I’m delighted with it on paper. Roberts is a top class talent at this level going forward, and has potential to get loads better still if he improves his all round game. Surprised Boro haven’t used him more.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not sure another right winger is really a massive priority to be honest, we’ve already got Waghorn, Mitchell-Lawson and Ibe back as well. 

Does look like this one is happening though, and to be fair, I’m delighted with it on paper. Roberts is a top class talent at this level going forward, and has potential to get loads better still if he improves his all round game. Surprised Boro haven’t used him more.

He’s left footed. Which is something we need in my opinion. We’ve been playing Knight and Jozwiak on the wings lately and Lawrence would be in ahead of Waghorn I reckon. 3 right footed players as current top choices. Ibe is also right footed, so we need someone who can balance that out and be better than Waghorn.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

He’s left footed. Which is something we need in my opinion. We’ve been playing Knight and Jozwiak on the wings lately and Lawrence would be in ahead of Waghorn I reckon. 3 right footed players as current top choices. Ibe is also right footed, so we need someone who can balance that out and be better than Waghorn.

Spot on, and we're hardly lethal up front too so any attacking/creative player is welcome

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Fair point, but given we play inverted wingers generally it’s probably not that important. Think we’ll have better depth with Lawrence and Ibe available, but I do think Roberts is probably better than all of our current options, so he’s an upgrade in that sense. Certainly one I’m pleased with.

Edited by Millenniumram

Just now, JayRam1 said:

What we’re you expecting mate? 

I was just expecting England's all time top goalscorer and Manchester United's to have some better players in mind than bloody Lee Gregory and George edmundson,  players that can't get in the Stoke and rangers squad,  feel like he could of been more cheeky and used his contacts niasse is a free agent , he'll even sturridge might be up for it we got rooney to join didn't we? Plenty of players on the fringes of prem teams that we could of gone for on loans just like Gregory ?‍♂️ what do you think of the transfer deals so far mate?