Path to the playoffs

ariotofmyown

21 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No, no... the sentence "I do not believe that Derby County will actually reach the play offs" is factual.  (I must, however, point out that for now at least, I am only referring to this season!)

The fact is, that is my belief.  The fact is, that is my opinion.  

Similarly, I do not believe in God. Fact.

I do not believe in the afterlife.  Fact.

I do not believe Derby County will ever win The Champions League.  Fact.

See what I'm saying?   ?

As a matter of fact.............yes

40 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

By no means do I think we’ll reach the playoffs and the massively papers over tonight’s performance, but this makes nice reading!

image.thumb.png.52607fe9267054e513be639708709546.png

The Rotherham result slightly skews that, it's just not shown as it was technically a different matchday number after being postponed. Even still, 15 points from 18 in our position is an incredible return.

Cardiff have not scored even 1.5 points a game yet. Bournemouth need to lose a couple to bring them back to 1.5 points per game. That means that cracking streak of wins makes these teams catchable, realistically 13-14 wins from our remaining games. There are so many games between rivals for that 6th spot that an upset is possible by one or two teams. We need to win five out of our next six to seriously pressurise those teams above us. Wayne reckons that our players do not know how good they are. Perhaps the Rams fans do not know that either.

I am somewhat amazed that Wayne said that he is happy with his squad. Wayne was only able to ship a few out and bring in five loans. He has not complained about anything, he just gets on with it. This is remarkable to me considering his ultra successful background. He knows what he wants and how to get it. It will be very interesting to see how he lines up and plays against Watford.

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

I am somewhat amazed that Wayne said that he is happy with his squad. Wayne was only able to ship a few out and bring in five loans. He has not complained about anything, he just gets on with it. This is remarkable to me considering his ultra successful background. He knows what he wants and how to get it. It will be very interesting to see how he lines up and plays against Watford.

I suspect the chances are he’s not completely happy but there’s nothing he can do about it now. So perhaps, being more intelligent than some people give him credit for, he knows it won’t help players self confidence to say he’s unhappy. He probably thinks he’ll get the best out of them if he shows believe in them. Emotional intelligence and all that.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I suspect the chances are he’s not completely happy but there’s nothing he can do about it now. So perhaps, being more intelligent than some people give him credit for, he knows it won’t help players self confidence to say he’s unhappy. He probably thinks he’ll get the best out of them if he shows believe in them. Emotional intelligence and all that.

I don't ever believe any manager is entirely happy with what they have.

He knew he had enough to get out of trouble and not enough to go for top six (and wasn't going to get top six players), so, get them performing and working as a team.

Form table (last ?

GP.       Pts

QP Rangers  8.     19

Derby County    8    18

Cardiff City.    8.      17

Watford           8.     17

Norwich City.   8.    17

Swansea City.   8.   17

Millwall.            8.    16

Nottm Forest.   8.   14

Brentford.       8.    13

Sheffield Wed.  8.  12

Reading         8.     11

Barnsley.       8.     11

Rotherham.   8.    10

Stoke City.      8.  10

Blackburn.     8.   10

Coventry City.  8.  8

Bournemouth.  8.  7

Middlesbrough.  8. 7

Preston      8.     7

Luton Town.  8.  7

Bristol City.  8.  6

Huddersfield. 8. 5

Birmingham C.  8.  5

Wycombe     8.   5

Current form over 8 games is 2.25 points per game, 15 games left so if current form is maintained we would have 34 plus 37 = 71 points enough for the play offs?

1 minute ago, Asheville Ram said:

Form table (last ?

GP.       Pts

QP Rangers  8.     19

Derby County    8    18

Cardiff City.    8.      17

Watford           8.     17

Norwich City.   8.    17

Swansea City.   8.   17

Millwall.            8.    16

Nottm Forest.   8.   14

Brentford.       8.    13

Sheffield Wed.  8.  12

Reading         8.     11

Barnsley.       8.     11

Rotherham.   8.    10

Stoke City.      8.  10

Blackburn.     8.   10

Coventry City.  8.  8

Bournemouth.  8.  7

Middlesbrough.  8. 7

Preston      8.     7

Luton Town.  8.  7

Bristol City.  8.  6

Huddersfield. 8. 5

Birmingham C.  8.  5

Wycombe     8.   5

Current form over 8 games is 2.25 points per game, 15 games left so if current form is maintained we would have 34 plus 37 = 71 points enough for the play offs?

Not ready enough said 

23 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

If Cardiff beat Bournemouth tomorrow night, we will be 12 pts off a play off place with a game in hand. With 15 matches to play, I don't think we will do it, but it's possible to finish in the top half.   

Based on everything we’ve seen under Rooney we’ll end up comfortably in the top half. If Beilik had not been injured,  top 6 would have been achievable. 

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Based on everything we’ve seen under Rooney we’ll end up comfortably in the top half. If Beilik had not been injured,  top 6 would have been achievable. 

Based on our current form in the last 8 matches, if we continue this form we could win 11 and lose 4 of our remaining games. That would give us 70 points, which I think would just fall short of the play-off places. I predicted a couple of weeks ago that we would get approx 63 points.