I've done some analysis and think the playoff charge is still on...

14 points behind 6th place Bournemouth: we've taken 4 points off them and they look poor. Lost 3 on the row now and could be within sight if both our form and theirs continues for a couple of games.

12 points behind 7th place Boro with game in hand: 4 points from last 5 games, beat them and win game in hand then we need to make up 6 points over 18 games. Easy.

11 points behind 8th place Blackburn: probably hardest to catch as on good form. Will need them to start dropping points soon to put the pressure on.

11 points behind 9th place Bristol City: did you see them today? They are rubbish.

10 points behind 10th place Stoke with a game in hand: just 3 draws from last 5 games. Looked poor against us. Very catchable.

8 points behind 11th place Preston down to 2 points behind 17th place Coventry. 3 teams we have games in hand over and all the teams in this group of average.  Good chance we'll finish above all of these.

Summary: We'll need Bournemouth's poor form to continue but only them and Blackburn look tricky to catch.

We're 5th in the form table over 10 games and 1st-6th contains us, plus the top 5 in the league. We just need to find a way to beat the weaker teams now.

Last week I was worried about Relegation and Administration.  I’ll be happy just to avoid both.

Whether this thread is possible or fanciful isn’t the issue.  We are slowly starting to believe in ourselves.  Could’ve done without the Bielik injury, as could he, it has to be said but still the thread is a valid one.

All things in life are possible 

Although most things are probable 

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

14 points behind 6th place Bournemouth: we've taken 4 points off them and they look poor. Lost 3 on the row now and could be within sight if both our form and theirs continues for a couple of games.

12 points behind 7th place Boro with game in hand: 4 points from last 5 games, beat them and win game in hand then we need to make up 6 points over 18 games. Easy.

11 points behind 8th place Blackburn: probably hardest to catch as on good form. Will need them to start dropping points soon to put the pressure on.

11 points behind 9th place Bristol City: did you see them today? They are rubbish.

10 points behind 10th place Stoke with a game in hand: just 3 draws from last 5 games. Looked poor against us. Very catchable.

8 points behind 11th place Preston down to 2 points behind 17th place Coventry. 3 teams we have games in hand over and all the teams in this group of average.  Good chance we'll finish above all of these.

Summary: We'll need Bournemouth's poor form to continue but only them and Blackburn look tricky to catch.

We're 5th in the form table over 10 games and 1st-6th contains us, plus the top 5 in the league. We just need to find a way to beat the weaker teams now.

Despite the impact of coronavirus restrictions isn't it still heartwarming to see that top quality drugs are still available on the streets.

No chance.

We would need to better the results of about 14 teams above us for the next 20 games.

Minimum of 2 points per game to even get close and that would only be 68 points. Other seasons it’s been roughly 75 points to get in and I think 80+ before. 

That means something like 13 wins and a few draws...then hope that it’s good enough. 

17 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

There's always a negative poster on here, quick to rule out finishing in the automatic promotion places.

Show a bit of faith. COYR 🐏

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

No chance.

We would need to better the results of about 14 teams above us for the next 20 games.

Minimum of 2 points per game to even get close and that would only be 68 points. Other seasons it’s been roughly 75 points to get in and I think 80+ before. 

That means something like 13 wins and a few draws...then hope that it’s good enough. 

This is my point though. Two weeks ago we were all worried about going down and going into administration.  Now we are looking to how far up the table we can go.

Might be misplaced, but it’s a far better thread to be part of.

I'd say we first need to get out of trouble. 

Way too premature to talk about Playoffs yet. Lose on Tuesday and we will be in a massive dog fight still so can't get too carried away really.

Even if we beat Rotherham to make it 4 wins in a row I'd say a more realistic target is top half with good form going into next season which will hopefully start better and have fans at games. 

Only would believe we have a small chance of Playoffs if we win the next 3 games and also sign some real quality before the window shuts without losing Knight. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99
1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

This is my point though. Two weeks ago we were all worried about going down and going into administration.  Now we are looking to how far up the table we can go.

Might be misplaced, but it’s a far better thread to be part of.

No doubt it’s better than reading Mel is selling his teeth off to cover the teams wages, but we’ve just starting walking again and this would be a 100m world record sprint.

2 weeks ago today we’d lost to Rotherham and Wednesday and apparently league 1 was calling, now we’re going for the play offs...let’s see what the threads are about this time next week after Barnsley and Rotherham!

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If we had beaten Rotherham and the Wendies we would be 8 points behind Bournemouth etc. Only 5 teams left to play that we would start as clear second favourites against on paper but overall we already have a good record against these five.

17 minutes ago, Mckram said:

No chance.

It's unlikely we will do it, but I only struggled with a case to catch up with Blackburn.

Our form is good. Most the teams below 5th are average.