Path to the playoffs

ariotofmyown

On 30/01/2021 at 23:49, ariotofmyown said:

I've done some analysis and think the playoff charge is still on...

14 points behind 6th place Bournemouth: we've taken 4 points off them and they look poor. Lost 3 on the row now and could be within sight if both our form and theirs continues for a couple of games.

12 points behind 7th place Boro with game in hand: 4 points from last 5 games, beat them and win game in hand then we need to make up 6 points over 18 games. Easy.

11 points behind 8th place Blackburn: probably hardest to catch as on good form. Will need them to start dropping points soon to put the pressure on.

11 points behind 9th place Bristol City: did you see them today? They are rubbish.

10 points behind 10th place Stoke with a game in hand: just 3 draws from last 5 games. Looked poor against us. Very catchable.

8 points behind 11th place Preston down to 2 points behind 17th place Coventry. 3 teams we have games in hand over and all the teams in this group of average.  Good chance we'll finish above all of these.

Summary: We'll need Bournemouth's poor form to continue but only them and Blackburn look tricky to catch.

We're 5th in the form table over 10 games and 1st-6th contains us, plus the top 5 in the league. We just need to find a way to beat the weaker teams now.

Still on?

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'll resurrect this thread when we win 2 on the bounce next Jan, that moves us within 13 points of 6th placed Cheltenham.

I’d do it when we are 7th just outside the playoffs below Doncaster alphabetically before the season starts... will be the closest we will get probably!