Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

Very poor tonight.

They were bigger than us, stronger than us and smarter then us.

They won the majority of balls in the air and were quicker to the 2nd balls.

They bullied our midfielders and when they couldn't take the ball, they took the man.

And they were smarter because they quickly worked out that this was a weak ref who was going to let them get away with some strong challenges and fouls without getting the book out. How the hell did they not get 2 or 3 cards in the 1st half, yet Sibley gets booked for his 1st foul?

Rooney has to take his share of the blame here for not changing things earlier when it was clear that Shinney couldn't compete and CKR wasn't going to bully their defenders in the way he has with others.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Lucky snow in the sky today. We managed to lose at WBA with this ref and he sent off Sibley.

I'm sat in a different end for this one in my lucky Sunhouse Crazy On The Weekend T-Shirt.

I can feel all your love for the club amongst the chaos. C'mon Mr Evans I believe in you and the lads.

Keep spinning round the sun.

Oh well I saw Waghorn was starting the game at 6:25pm just like he did in the home defeat to Rotherham, and chose not to watch, repeat and rince, and to keep the £10, as it was fairly predictable what was coming.

My shirt is going in the wash and well done @Rev, for the match day threads, it's a shame you couldn't also pick the team!

If Waghorn starts at Barnsley, another £10 stays in my pocket.

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Just won three on the bounce and we’re a top six team in the form table since he took over. Rotherham have our number but equally so did Uwe Rosler with McClaren’s side. 

Crap performance tonight, no doubt but things are still looking up under Rooney.

My concern here is that we are without the main reason for that form. Bielik. 

Do we know how a Rooney team functions without him?

3 minutes ago, Silko said:

All that bloody excitement at the new players bought in to help push up the table and the shower of poo we had put in that turd of performance... should be expecting at least 4 changes next match 

I’ll say it again .... goodbye Waghorn and Bird not good enough 

Wasn't it 0-0 before Waghorn went off.

Just now, Andicis said:

How is 14 games ago applicable to current form, out of interest? The last month they picked up some pretty good results and beat Middlesborough 3-0. Maybe you should get out of town and stop dismissing smaller clubs.

How is the last 14 games not current form are you having a laugh? Take out the 2 Derby wins and they have 1 win in the last 13 being Middlesbrough,  if you think that is good current form you must either be trying to wind me up or you are heavily drunk 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Very poor tonight.

They were bigger than us, stronger than us and smarter then us.

They won the majority of balls in the air and were quicker to the 2nd balls.

They bullied our midfielders and when they couldn't take the ball, they took the man.

And they were smarter because they quickly worked out that this was a weak ref who was going to let them get away with some strong challenges and fouls without getting the book out. How the hell did they not get 2 or 3 cards in the 1st half, yet Sibley gets booked for his 1st foul?

Rooney has to take his share of the blame here for not changing things earlier when it was clear that Shinney couldn't compete...

Big +1 for this.

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

How is the last 14 games not current form are you having a laugh? Take out the 2 Derby wins and they have 1 win in the last 13 being Middlesbrough,  if you think that is good current form you must either be trying to wind me up or you are heavily drunk 

Because it what way is 2 months ago ''recent'' in football? Recent would probably be the last month? In which they got 2 wins, and a draw. Pretty good form for a team in the bottom of the table. You can skew numbers whichever way you want if you use random enough stats. Why 14 games? 

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

We still can't play against an aggressive press. It's been the same for years. I'm just amazed that most teams don't play like that against us. At this point we are far better against the top teams than the strugglers.

Tactically today we didn't learn the lesson from the first game. The midfield set up made it easy to set pressing trap with too little composure and going direct was difficult with only one up top against 3 centre backs. 

Against that kind of press you either need to retain the ball and make them chase it or bypass the midfield entirely. Today we didn't do either and got caught between ideas.

With all that said I think if Gregory takes that sitter I think we probably win it.

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

My concern here is that we are without the main reason for that form. Bielik. 

Do we know how a Rooney team functions without him?

Hopefully the Everton lad is the business and we’re right back to it come Saturday 

Archived