Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moment of madness defensively cost us the game. Before that we didn’t offer them many opportunities I don’t think. Then we completely collapsed. 

Had we drawn 0-0 or won 1-0 people would’ve praised the performances of Wisdom, Bird, Clarke, Jozwiak etc. Main negative from the game was that Shinnie and Knight were ineffective in midfield and Bird couldn’t cover for them as well as Bielik could. We’ve seen worse performances than that this season, the scoreline makes it look like a battering but the truth is that before they scored it was fairly even; possibly even switching in our favour. 

13 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Moment of madness defensively cost us the game. Before that we didn’t offer them many opportunities I don’t think. Then we completely collapsed. 

Had we drawn 0-0 or won 1-0 people would’ve praised the performances of Wisdom, Bird, Clarke, Jozwiak etc. Main negative from the game was that Shinnie and Knight were ineffective in midfield and Bird couldn’t cover for them as well as Bielik could. We’ve seen worse performances than that this season, the scoreline makes it look like a battering but the truth is that before they scored it was fairly even; possibly even switching in our favour. 

Agree. The Gregory miss/howler was the turning point. That goes in, we shut up shop and probably get a point.   There always has to be a scapegoat when we lose. Some have highlighted Joswiak, others Bird etc etc. Football teams lose games. Liverpool have lost to Burnley and Brighton at home, it happens. We won 3 on the bounce now we have lost what was an even game for 80 mins. No need to panic or make loads of changes, just move on to Barnsley....

57 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Im sorry but that was UTTERLY SHAMBOLIC absolute disgrace to the football club and we are in desperate trouble . 

Disagree...

absolute disgrace to FOOTBALL yes

But we are not in desperate trouble...

Unless this happens again.

We could be like Southampton.

Lose 9-0 to the same team two seasons running!

Now THAT's disgraceful!

1 minute ago, Brammie Steve said:

Disagree...

absolute disgrace to FOOTBALL yes

But we are not in desperate trouble...

Unless this happens again.

We could be like Southampton.

Lose 9-0 to the same team two seasons running!

Now THAT's disgraceful!

They didn’t lose 9-0 to the same team....

As I have said before, Rooney’s spell in charge has been characterised by fine margins and when it’s like that, you should anticipate that things can easily change.

We draw that game 0-0 and Rooney would have probably come away feeling satisfied and that is where we need to evolve and set higher standards.

We are relying on our ability to draw games and win tight games 1-0, but tonight Rotherham beat us to the punch and then added a few more blows before the ref could step in.

It was coming. It’s the risk you run when the focus is on being solid. The emphasis is on discipline and graft rather than creativity and control. One lapse can cost you. We are trying to do what Rotherham do. They can just do it better and more instinctively.

In some of the previous games it’s worked and the tight games have gone in our favour but tonight it didn’t.

Of course, the fact that it was a tight game for 70 minutes and we were on course for a point will be forgotten about because when you lose 3-0 and you lose 3-0 to a relegation rival, the reaction is obviously more pronounced and more negative.

Like I said, I am not concerned about tonight. I fully expected us to lose tonight. The two concerns I do have is how much momentum this will give Sheff Wed, Forest and Rotherham moving forward, and whether we can find a way to outfox our fellow struggling teams because it’s yet another game of this magnitude where we have failed to come up with the answers.

Archived