Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all of the other results this week hadn't gone against us I think a few would be more forgiving of tonight. Written it off as one of those days.

..but as Rowett would say, that's the reality of the situation. Can't change other teams' results only our own.

There were worrying signs, but there have been worrying signs before and the very next game we've 'smashed it',  essentially we lost because we tried too desperately to claw back a result and had to change too much in order to chase the game. It's commendable and commiserable at the same time.

It was maybe naive from a rookie manager who's done most things right so far and even then, if Gregory scores... it all hinged on the first goal.

I'm not sure we had any choice but to leave ourselves so ridiculously open, it's not like we can patiently rely on 'our usual game' and our usual players to get us a raft of goals.

Bird was weak tonight in a role that needs strength ,Shinnie has been very good but was poor tonight and seemed late to everything , Knight was non existent and never influenced the game at all

when your midfield get bullied against teams like Rotherham something had to change and it wasn’t changed so some blame must go to Rooney because Barlaser seemed to have an eternity to pick a pass 

Wisdom was asleep and the wrong side with the first goal and generally it was a bad day at the office

i thought Roberts looked decent when he came on and I’d opt for 433 next game with CKR Roberts and hopefully Lawrence as the 3 with Beni holding but two midfielders who will support and occasionally run past our strikers so Knight and Bird or Shinnie but our holding CDM cannot be Bird 

Saturday we go again ...COYR 

Having slept on it can we stop accusing people who are upset at a 3-0 loss to a team in the relegation zone as being some sort of negative doom and gloomers? 

If last night hasn’t deeply concerned you then your head is in the clouds. Bar the Gregory header we could have played until Friday and not scored. How is it that twice in 5 matches we have been outdone by a team that lose the majority of their games?

That first goal they scored belongs in under 12s football by the way one of the worst team goals I’ve ever seen us concede. No individually error the whole team got it wrong. 

I assumed the home game was a one off and that we’d be ready for the physical battle this time around - how wrong was I?! 

Saturday becomes a must win which is unnecessary pressure but the pressure is real. 

anyway I’ll be chucking my 10 quid into the pot again Saturday. Up the useless rams. 

9 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Im sorry but that was UTTERLY SHAMBOLIC absolute disgrace to the football club and we are in desperate trouble . 

Get a grip man. Yes we’ve got a fight on our hands and we were poor last night but “utterly shambolic absolute disgrace to the football club” seriously?

23 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Having slept on it can we stop accusing people who are upset at a 3-0 loss to a team in the relegation zone as being some sort of negative doom and gloomers? 

If last night hasn’t deeply concerned you then your head is in the clouds. Bar the Gregory header we could have played until Friday and not scored. How is it that twice in 5 matches we have been outdone by a team that lose the majority of their games?

That first goal they scored belongs in under 12s football by the way one of the worst team goals I’ve ever seen us concede. No individually error the whole team got it wrong. 

I assumed the home game was a one off and that we’d be ready for the physical battle this time around - how wrong was I?! 

Saturday becomes a must win which is unnecessary pressure but the pressure is real. 

anyway I’ll be chucking my 10 quid into the pot again Saturday. Up the useless rams. 

Oh no, the dreaded “must win” when it actually isn’t. Important?, useful?, will help relieve the pressure? Yes, yes and yes but still not a MUST win game.

I think, at best we’ll draw which will put us well and truly back in the mire but it still isn’t game over even if we lose.

Poor performance and it just shows one bad result and others results the night before not going your way we are right basck in the thick of relegation battle,a win last night would of moved us well clear 

I just hope bringing in 5 new players has not upset the apple cart in any way as its not long before footballers throw there toys out the pram and it was just a bad night at the office,Saturday is a massive game although arent they all now as Barnsley will be no gimmie 

Archived