Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

didnt get the chance to watch all the second half, lucky me, but I thought we were absolute rubbish at home and mildly rubbish tonight.  The scoreline changes the temperature  somewhat.  Surprised he made subs really, a bit out of character.

Agree with that 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

So we were out muscled by a physical team. Not sure if some of the loan players would have fared much better. Think we needed to have looked at bringing in a couple of more experienced players, that can cope with the physically of this league.

Experienced players are on higher wages. That means spending more money than we already struggle to pay.

17 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

My concern here is that we are without the main reason for that form. Bielik. 

Do we know how a Rooney team functions without him?

Definitely a huge loss but Rotherham stopped Bielik playing last month too. It’s too early to tell how big of an impact it will have but something to keep an eye on. Bird, Shinnie and Knight are good enough to keep us up.

We really have trouble against sides like this and it’s been our Achilles heel for several years.

Make no bones about it Rotherham are garbage. They are constantly either getting relegated or just avoiding it. Most teams do them over but we don’t.

Rooney clearly learned nothing from the previous meeting a couple of weeks back so a lot of tonight is on him. He needs to find a way of beating this leagues dross. It’s been something we have consistently failed to do.

15 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Just wanted to point out, not for any big reason, that Waghorn's flicks created our 2 most promising sutuations in the first half, and his overhead kick was the closest we came to scoring.

And?

A couple of flicks and an overhead kick he missed - if he'd been further back he might have not had to try and overhead kick!

16 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Bird can't play the deep role at all. Rooney needs to understand this and stop asking him to stand within 5 yards of the CB's. 

Absolutely. George Evans probably a better option in that role. I know some fans think we got a good deal (£700k +) and I realise the club desperately need cash, but we need points as well. It's a poor result, we shouldn't be losing 3-0 to Rotherham, but it shows how fragile we are. It's a reality check after a few improved performances in recent weeks. 

No surprise that eventually we conceded a goal and went on to lose. The 3-0 score line rubs salt in to the wounds especially with it being little old Rotherham. 

Think the lads have shown enough to get us out of trouble but it’s not going to be pretty. We either lose and feel like poo or watch us hang on to a 1-0 and then spend the rest of the night trying to calm down. 

In Rooney we trust.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Definitely a huge loss but Rotherham stopped Bielik playing last month too. It’s too early to tell how big of an impact it will have but something to keep an eye on. Bird, Shinnie and Knight are good enough to keep us up.

You need 15 goals from midfield at least.  I can see half that there.  You can afford a more defensive midfielder who gets a couple- Shinnie. Knight is good for 6 . The others won't come from Bird.

Archived