Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

Just now, CornwallRam said:

We still can't play against an aggressive press. It's been the same for years. I'm just amazed that most teams don't play like that against us. At this point we are far better against the top teams than the strugglers.

Yeah luckily there are more teams who are above us so we should be ok. It’s the crap ones were struggling against. ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never watched the game so I can’t comment other than that is a very bad result

oh yes we were 0-0 then we made substitutes and in a flash it’s 3-0 - please don’t people ask for substitutes again because we always get worse just look at all the goals we concede 

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

Yep, draw a line under it and look for a response at Barnsley. Sadly Barnsley fall in the category of teams we struggle against.

That's what I thought but, actually, in the last 12 games against Barnsley we have won 7 drawn 2 lost 3.

Having said that, I have low expectations for Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why don't they have the ''right'' to? That's just pure ego. Rotherham have been in a good run of form, looked well coached and strong. No team has a ''right'' to do anything. 

Good run of form? Pal they have won 3 games in their last 14 and 2 of them WERE US , get out of town and close the door ?

All that bloody excitement at the new players bought in to help push up the table and the shower of poo we had put in that turd of performance... should be expecting at least 4 changes next match 

I’ll say it again .... goodbye Waghorn and Bird not good enough 

Another crucial game lost there. Very poor. You keep losing these relegation six pointers, and there’s only one outcome at the end of the season. Fully deserved as well, we were way off the pace from about 30 minutes. Passing was awful, some touches were dreadful, decision making woeful, and just generally outfought by Rotherham. They look to have much more quality than us in the final third as well, which is very worrying going forward. Crap performance, and an all round crap night. Got to work harder and show more quality if we’re going to survive.

We're a young, small side which struggles against the more physical sides in the division, so it's no surprise we've dropped so many points against Rotherham, Wycombe, etc...

It'll be interesting to see how mmay changes Rooney makes for the next game. I imagine a return to 3 at the back (Mengi starting) and a couple of other surprises

I know Rotherham are limited in resources, but duck me I wouldn't want to watch that every week. 

Ronnie Pickering in the crowd, abysmal but effective style to watch, diving, niggly fouls, a manager with the dress sense of Gary Rowett and to cap it off, New York, New York playing. 

Wouldnt mind Crooks, though. 

For 75 minutes we were ok. Not brilliant, not awful. I think the Gregory chance is a huge moment, for me he has to be scoring it. Probably came too soon for him. The meltdown after the goal isn't good enough, the last 15 were terrible. Poor character from the players to capitulate like they did.

2 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

ducking Rotherham, don’t want to see us play that ducking team again nonetheless that was a poor performance, no player stood out for us today, midfield looked lost today. I thought we were going to start pulling away from the bottom 3 but that result has put us bang in it again, so frustrating.

It will be the same V Harrogate Town next season.

Our weakness is the same with most teams that focus on being solid and hard to beat. First goal wins.

If we go 1-0 up, happy days, we’ll probably see that home. If we go behind, it’s hard to step it up and find ourselves a goal. It’s bought us a lot of points and in a relegation battle it’s not a bad way to be set up but you get exposed on nights like this. They put us under a lot of pressure and we couldn’t find a second gear.

We’ve built out the squad a bit so hopefully Rooney will be able to mix it up more as we progress this season. Still feel confident going into this weekend but Bielik is clearly a huge loss.

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Good run of form? Pal they have won 3 games in their last 14 and 2 of them WERE US , get out of town and close the door ?

How is 14 games ago applicable to current form, out of interest? The last month they picked up some pretty good results and beat Middlesborough 3-0. Maybe you should get out of town and stop dismissing smaller clubs.

Archived