Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Very poor tonight.

They were bigger than us, stronger than us and smarter then us.

They won the majority of balls in the air and were quicker to the 2nd balls.

They bullied our midfielders and when they couldn't take the ball, they took the man.

And they were smarter because they quickly worked out that this was a weak ref who was going to let them get away with some strong challenges and fouls without getting the book out. How the hell did they not get 2 or 3 cards in the 1st half, yet Sibley gets booked for his 1st foul?

Rooney has to take his share of the blame here for not changing things earlier when it was clear that Shinney couldn't compete and CKR wasn't going to bully their defenders in the way he has with others.

Devils advocate If shinnie can’t compete  ... as Nicholson rightly said “mr run through brick walls” then who in our squad could 

If there’s one game that would highlight what we miss in bielik it’s this one tonight

we missed his physical presence in both boxes and the middle of the battle 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

For 75 minutes we were ok. Not brilliant, not awful. I think the Gregory chance is a huge moment, for me he has to be scoring it. Probably came too soon for him. The meltdown after the goal isn't good enough, the last 15 were terrible. Poor character from the players to capitulate like they did.

He might not score, but with a chance like that he definitely should hit the target and he'll know it.

Just now, YouRams said:

Hopefully the Everton lad is the business and we’re right back to it come Saturday 

My mate whos a massive Everton fan is like most Everton fans. Every youth player that hits there first team is a world beater yet somehow wind up at Blackpool.  He reckons Dowell is much better than this fella and isn't fussed with him. That concerns me.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Devils advocate If shinnie can’t compete  ... as Nicholson rightly said “mr run through brick walls” then who in our squad could 

If there’s one game that would highlight what we miss in bielik it’s this one tonight

we missed his physical presence in both boxes and the middle of the battle 

almost right but he did play in the home game and was bossed out of the game

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

True 

Although we only lost by the odd goal having had numerous chances 

tonight we’ve been buried 

didnt get the chance to watch all the second half, lucky me, but I thought we were absolute rubbish at home and mildly rubbish tonight.  The scoreline changes the temperature  somewhat.  Surprised he made subs really, a bit out of character.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My mate whos a massive Everton fan is like most Everton fans. Every youth player that hits there first team is a world beater yet somehow wind up at Blackpool.  He reckons Dowell is much better than this fella and isn't fussed with him. That concerns me.

That is concerning Dowell was absolute pants! Some players find form at a new club let’s hope this is one of them! 

So we were out muscled by a physical team. Not sure if some of the loan players would have fared much better. Think we needed to have looked at bringing in a couple of more experienced players, that can cope with the physically of this league.

Archived