Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

9 points from the last 3 games, no goals conceded, incredibly solid at the back, and improving at a fair rate of knots going forward. 

I think we can all agree one man is responsible for this upturn, but modesty leads me to deflect the credit onto Mr Rooney!

Normal order has been resumed with us looking down on the Red Dogs, this game gives us a chance to further momentum and keep another team below us in the merde.

Evans is a possible departure, but we may see 3/4 players new players in contention.

Shame about Bielik, hopefully it's not so bad, but what an opportunity for Bird now. He's seen what is required in that role, he has all the tools needed in his locker, so a great opportunity to step up.

Thoughts?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's obvious how we'll line up.

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Knight   Bird   Shinnie

Waghorn   Kazim   Jozwiak

Brave of you to leave Messi on the bench.

Would be a very opportune time to start curing ourselves of the habit of losing to teams below us and involved in our relegation scrap.

If normal service is resumed then it will unpick a lot of the good work over the past 3 games and bring us right back into the mire again.

On 30/01/2021 at 20:39, Millenniumram said:

No need to make any unenforced changes after that performance:

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan 

Brown Shinnie

Jozwiak Bird Knight

Kazim-Richards

Just the one change, Brown in for the injured Bielik.

But you've also changed the formation.

Most important game so far. Win this and we would be 8 points up on Rotherham although they have two games in hand. Wendies are getting better but we just need to match them to stay ahead. Four teams above us are catchable . Let us hope that some at least drop points. A few games between rivals coming up in the next fortnight so if we can win these next two it will make a big difference as rivals are bound to drop points.

I think Rooney will try something different like he did against Bournemouth to put us on the front foot. Rotherham studied our style and nullified our play at PP and since then we’ve been a bit less predictable.

The absence of Bielik, while a massive blow, will mean we need to change things around and will mean Rotherham won’t necessarily know how we will line up.

I expect a 4-3-3 still, due to the players we have available. I don’t think any new signings will get into the first XI and they’ll need to take their chance when it comes.

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Knight Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak God Sibley

I’d prefer the aggression and dribbling skills of Sibley for this one and he would put Rotherham on the back foot, but I think Waghorn will get that spot. If he does then we need to win some free kicks around the area for him to have any effect.

Jozwiak has also played best on the right linking up with Byrne. 

On 30/01/2021 at 20:54, Ghost of Clough said:

It's obvious how we'll line up.

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Knight   Bird   Shinnie

Waghorn   Kazim   Jozwiak

Probably correct - against Rotherham Forsyth might get a start or sibley instead of Waghorn,  we might sell Waghorn as he is out of contract in the summer for anything we can get ( probably cardiff ) 

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Probably correct - against Rotherham Forsyth might get a start or sibley instead of Waghorn,  we might sell Waghorn as he is out of contract in the summer for anything we can get ( probably cardiff ) 

Rotherham are a physical side and will probably play for set-pieces. Rooney will go for Waghorn over Sibley due to this as much as anything

Archived