Frank Lampard

Day

6 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

tbh the 2 teams hes managed after us have been in a rotten state before he even arrived. i think chelsea and everton are both in a similar position to where man utd were before ten haag has slapped em about abit 🤣

i still like frank , apart from starting mason bennett in the play offs

You are spot on of course.

Chelsea, under transfer embargo, 52% win ratio which puts him 14th in their history out of their permanent managers. 

Moves to Everton who were in a mess, did no worse than Benitez finishing in the exact same position and same gap from the bottom 3. They get rid of Richarlison, not replacing him at all and wonder why they struggled. During the slump all Everton’s protests were against the clubs board, not Lampard.

Returns to Chelsea, with Sterling up top and Aubameyang who has down tools to score the goals, then people are wondering why there hasn’t been any improvement since Potter left. Potter who had a win ratio of 38.7% having seen the club spend half a billion. See Lampard’s win ratio above under a transfer embargo.

So yeah, he’s not had the best hand when arriving at clubs, which in fairness is his fault, he could have turned Chelsea down and stayed here, didn’t. Didn’t have to go to a basket case in Everton and certainly did not need to walk into the Boehly circus show. 

Really needs to pick his next move carefully.

1 hour ago, David said:

You are spot on of course.

Chelsea, under transfer embargo, 52% win ratio which puts him 14th in their history out of their permanent managers. 

Moves to Everton who were in a mess, did no worse than Benitez finishing in the exact same position and same gap from the bottom 3. They get rid of Richarlison, not replacing him at all and wonder why they struggled. During the slump all Everton’s protests were against the clubs board, not Lampard.

Returns to Chelsea, with Sterling up top and Aubameyang who has down tools to score the goals, then people are wondering why there hasn’t been any improvement since Potter left. Potter who had a win ratio of 38.7% having seen the club spend half a billion. See Lampard’s win ratio above under a transfer embargo.

So yeah, he’s not had the best hand when arriving at clubs, which in fairness is his fault, he could have turned Chelsea down and stayed here, didn’t. Didn’t have to go to a basket case in Everton and certainly did not need to walk into the Boehly circus show. 

Really needs to pick his next move carefully.

im hoping dyche does well as hes a brill manager. but ye everton and chelsea are full of random expensive players that dont all fit into the same system. i think derby would of carried on and improved under frank but obviously he forsaw the horrific financial aspect and jumped ship. honestly think jody morris was a gigantic part of lampards original "success" , both did well at derby and did really well with a bunch of kids in his first chelsea season. then they parted and hes not done owt since. ill be intrigued to see how jody morris gets on at swindon.

His teams can’t defend. We saw it when he was here. Whether that is down to his coaching methods or not, I’m not sure. But surely can’t be a coincidence that every team he manages can’t defend crosses or don’t track runners.

12 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

6 loss out of 6, what a run he is on. He could be out for a duck.

Lost his last 10 games between Everton and Chelsea. Not even Jewell or Davies managed that feat during "that season".

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Lost his last 10 games between Everton and Chelsea. Not even Jewell or Davies managed that feat during "that season".

Wow, that is a shocking stat if true. That might even kill any future football punditry career. Although maybe not. Used to wind me whenever Jewell appeared on Sky as a pundit despite his shockung reign here. 

8 hours ago, JfR said:

That is some statistic.

Incredibly the eleventh game was a 1-1 draw away at Manchester City!

Also: hasn’t won any of his last sixteen (a stat Jewell would be able to relate to)

I watched the first half against Arsenal last night and Chelsea were abject, there defence was terrible and to me they played as if they had no pride in the badge or the club they are playing for, Lampard looked way out of his depth, they did look a bit better in the second half but by then the damage was done. The way they are playing wouldn't be surprised if Forest beat them. 

I didn't have too much of an issue with him when he was here, but everything after the Leeds playoffs was a shambles.

Team selection at Wembley

Drawn out and selfish manner of his departure totally ruined preseason for Cocu, which we never really recovered from

And then, looking back, how he didn't get us promoted with that team and the loanees involved, is just ridiculous.

I've no time for him at all.

Jody Morris, completely different, gutted to see it hasn't worked out for him at Swindon.