Frank Lampard

Day

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Well Chelsea's pathetic display against Real Madrid in the Champions League just proves to me how rubbish Lampard is as a manager over the last 16 games as Everton/Chelsea manager I think he as won 1 game, if I was Lampard I would pack up now as a manager and go back to been a tv pundit, I still believe with the players he had at Derby we should have got automatic promotion. I would be interested in anyone else's opinion's on Lampard. Do you rate him as a manager? 

No No No GIF

2 hours ago, David said:

2 of the 4 games have been against Real Madrid, Chelsea despite spending all that money still have that minor issue of no strikers.

But he played Bennett ahead of Marriott at Wembley right, that’s all that matters 🤪

You still a Fanboy? I accept, but disagree mostly with your views on his time with Derby, but surely you must acknowledge the guy has little tactical nous as a Manager. Talks nicely, and quite probably is a very nice man, but the guy from the Independent article above nails his ineptitude. Time for him to look after the kids and let Christine plan for the next 7 matches.

Just now, i-Ram said:

You still a Fanboy? I accept, but disagree mostly with your views on his time with Derby, but surely you must acknowledge the guy has little tactical nous as a Manager. Talks nicely, and quite probably is a very nice man, but the guy from the Independent article above nails his ineptitude. Time for him to look after the kids and let Christine plan for the next 7 matches.

Wouldn’t describe myself as a fanboy, I just don’t have a bitter bone in my body to not wish the bloke well in his career. Once a Ram, always a Ram and all that. Not like he jumped out the window and went AWOL or anything like that. Still speaks well of the club and left us with some great memories so I have no reason to mock or laugh at his failures.

Has his faults sure, can’t set up a defence, makes mistakes, should have started Marriott at Wembley, I will never be convinced the outcome would have been anything different though. That’s just an opinion, as are those that believe otherwise. 

He has inherited a squad where Sterling is his lone striker, yet we all know Sterling isn’t exactly an out and out goalscorer so to expect anything other than defeat against a quality Real Madrid team, is that really Frank f up? Real battered Liverpool making them look like schoolboys in the previous round, if anyone was expecting Chelsea to somehow cause an upset in these games, well they were wildly optimistic.

I don’t know, just comes across as petty, McClaren is hailed a hero yet benched Bryson in the play off final and ultimately left for Newcastle via the boot.

Not sure what the difference is here, but each to their own I guess.

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

3 hours ago, David said:

2 of the 4 games have been against Real Madrid, Chelsea despite spending all that money still have that minor issue of no strikers.

But he played Bennett ahead of Marriott at Wembley right, that’s all that matters 🤪

I'm not sure he'll be on for that England job.  I'd get better results than that putting players pictures on a wall and picking a side with 11 darts.  

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not sure he'll be on for that England job.  I'd get better results than that putting players pictures on a wall and picking a side with 11 darts.  

He will be England manager one day. Can be sure of it. 

Southgate wasn't the perfect candidate for the job when given it, like Lampard, he's the perfect face for the FA.

16 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t know, just comes across as petty, McClaren is hailed a hero yet benched Bryson in the play off final and ultimately left for Newcastle via the boot.

When I served in the Navy 😉 I was Chief Petty Officer, I'm no fan of McClaren after the shenanigans of the Newcastle debacle, I'm no fan of the pretty boy after his loooong escapade in the Mediterranean while being courted by Chelsea, I can be a very vindictive ass where someone imo has taken advantage of DCFC...it's my Anglo-Saxon blood you see...I just can't help it 👍

So I take great pleasure in having a giggle at their expense and I know they'll be "bovvered" when they read this 😁    

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Lots of chelsea fans on our golf roll up app , they’re reaction to lampard team news took me right back to Wembley 

3 hours ago, David said:

Wouldn’t describe myself as a fanboy, I just don’t have a bitter bone in my body to not wish the bloke well in his career. Once a Ram, always a Ram and all that. Not like he jumped out the window and went AWOL or anything like that. Still speaks well of the club and left us with some great memories so I have no reason to mock or laugh at his failures.

Has his faults sure, can’t set up a defence, makes mistakes, should have started Marriott at Wembley, I will never be convinced the outcome would have been anything different though. That’s just an opinion, as are those that believe otherwise. 

He has inherited a squad where Sterling is his lone striker, yet we all know Sterling isn’t exactly an out and out goalscorer so to expect anything other than defeat against a quality Real Madrid team, is that really Frank f up? Real battered Liverpool making them look like schoolboys in the previous round, if anyone was expecting Chelsea to somehow cause an upset in these games, well they were wildly optimistic.

Hughes and Hendrick had both played blinders (and scored) in the semis v Brighton and were playing so well that, at the time, keeping them in the XI made sense. In exactly the same vein, after Marriott performs his heroics and single-handedly gets us to Wembley, why wouldn't you start him...? I get your point but the Bennett thing was far more baffling than Bryson.

And I suspect the sour taste with Lampard comes from the 'Should I Stay or Go' clip, that felt like him openly taunting the club who had handed him his managerial start. If he had that much contempt for the fans who were obviously going to see it, and the club by messing up our pre-season a bit, then I do understand why he isn't remembered totally fondly; even if my personal stance is more ambivalence than anything else.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

And I suspect the sour taste with Lampard comes from the 'Should I Stay or Go' clip, that felt like him openly taunting the club who had handed him his managerial start. If he had that much contempt for the fans who were obviously going to see it, and the club by messing up our pre-season a bit, then I do understand why he isn't remembered totally fondly; even if my personal stance is more ambivalence than anything else.

To blame him for that clip would be incredibly harsh though..

That was his surprise birthday in which mates were signing with Lampard looking pretty embarrassed by it all. 

It should never have been uploaded to social media, it was by his Mrs, who I will give the benefit of the doubt that perhaps thought people would see the funny side, not realising how sensitive football fans can be.

What is funny, is that it’s being held against him when many do not rate him as manager, surely him leaving would have been welcomed? Yet some have taken it that bad like a jilted lover.

Again in defence of Frank, the move was being dragged out by the negotiations with Sarri leaving, maybe he could have put pressure on Chelsea to just get it done, yet he couldn’t really do much other than wait it out.

Like any manager or player leaving, you don’t really want to comment publicly saying yes I want to leave, until that offer is right there in black and white in front of you to sign. Had Frank publicly made his intentions clear and Chelsea went a different direction at the last minute, that would have been a major egg on face moment with Derby fans already packed his bags on his behalf.

If fans have a bitter taste in their mouth over the Marriott over Bennett decision, I think it’s a bit petty but can understand it, to hold the clip against him, nah.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nah.  Marriott only came on due to an injury.  The spectacular Jozefzoon I believe.

What’s your point? Many games have mitigated factors. 

I still screamed my head off. That come back would never have happened under a long list of most of our last 25yrs worth of managers! 

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

What’s your point? Many games have mitigated factors. 

I still screamed my head off. That come back would never have happened under a long list of most of our last 25yrs worth of managers! 

They do.  Doesn't change the choice of original line up when we were a goal down to start, then two down because of lack of goal threat.  Bloke was tactically clueless. Any comeback was due to a bloke coming on with a point to prove and Leeds losing their s*** under pressure. The 6 weeks where we were totally dreadful without Mount showed that.   Not fit to wipe the sweat of McClarens sack.  Bloke wasted a fortune on dross then fecked off.

14 hours ago, David said:

To blame him for that clip would be incredibly harsh though..

That was his surprise birthday in which mates were signing with Lampard looking pretty embarrassed by it all. 

It should never have been uploaded to social media, it was by his Mrs, who I will give the benefit of the doubt that perhaps thought people would see the funny side, not realising how sensitive football fans can be.

What is funny, is that it’s being held against him when many do not rate him as manager, surely him leaving would have been welcomed? Yet some have taken it that bad like a jilted lover.

Again in defence of Frank, the move was being dragged out by the negotiations with Sarri leaving, maybe he could have put pressure on Chelsea to just get it done, yet he couldn’t really do much other than wait it out.

Like any manager or player leaving, you don’t really want to comment publicly saying yes I want to leave, until that offer is right there in black and white in front of you to sign. Had Frank publicly made his intentions clear and Chelsea went a different direction at the last minute, that would have been a major egg on face moment with Derby fans already packed his bags on his behalf.

If fans have a bitter taste in their mouth over the Marriott over Bennett decision, I think it’s a bit petty but can understand it, to hold the clip against him, nah.

The culmination of all those things is what begins to sway opinion, I reckon. He makes a baffling decision not to start our best striker in the biggest game of the season, we miss out on promotion, he's then openly touted as being the next Chelsea manager during which the media circus ensures we cannot properly prepare for pre-season, the clip comes out which adds fuel to the flames, and then he finally sods off - while Frank may not be single-handedly responsible for every element of how it went down, the whole thing was just irritating and that does reflect personally on him, rightly or wrongly. 

I think Rowett having walked the season before played a part too, that feeling of betrayal probably still fresh in minds. It was just an annoyingly dragged-out departure, basically. 

tbh the 2 teams hes managed after us have been in a rotten state before he even arrived. i think chelsea and everton are both in a similar position to where man utd were before ten haag has slapped em about abit 🤣

i still like frank , apart from starting mason bennett in the play offs