Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

Day

2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

We used to have a version in the Bless but with blue bols instead of the blackcurrant . Turned it green and was called a Frog Bite ?

only real ale passes my lips these days ??

The Bless home of students and random drinks since the dawn of time .  Spent at least two nights a week in there from 17-21.  It's weird that is it's in such a non descript part of the city yet every generation of students finds it like a homing pigeon.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

In the first years' bar at the Uni of Manchester Fallowfield Campus, they served up some kind of luminous green/yellow pint called 'Green Monster'. I have absolutely no idea what it contained, but it tasted okay. It was a bit of a fad for the first few weeks, before everyone realised you could get Strongbow Cloudy Apple for £1.70 a pint.

It contained the normal ingredients you get in student bars since time began - a pipe from the urinal to the pump with a splash of lime to give it  colour. At £2 a pint no-ones to fussed.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The Bless home of students and random drinks since the dawn of time .  Spent at least two nights a week in there from 17-21.  It's weird that is it's in such a non descript part of the city yet every generation of students finds it like a homing pigeon.

Plenty of drinkers found it before it became known amongst students. It was trendy! ?

Sorry , not convinced yet that Bielik is a £10 mill player. Certainly not the best midfielder in the Championship. David Brooks looks a £35 mill player. But as a midfield anchor man he has to do what Calvin Phillips did in terms of goals and assists. And also be a dead ball expert. It may come but getting over an ACL is the first step

58 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Plenty of drinkers found it before it became known amongst students. It was trendy! ?

One of the few places you could get theakstones old perculiar when I was a lad.  Remember having 5 pints the lunchtime of a match day completely bladdered at the game .  I had a date with my later to be wife that evening and I recall standing in the shower at 8 desperately willing myself to get sober as she was due to arrive in 30 mins.  Happy days

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

One concern I have is from that picture of Joswiak and Beilik sat together after Wednesday's match. I noticed that Beilik had an ice pack strapped to his knee, which would suggest that he is not fully over his injury yet. I hope he hasn't been brought back too soon. We don't want an other George Thorne scenario - a brilliant player wrecked through mishandling an injury.

It's OK, Rotherham have sorted it out ?

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

One of the few places you could get theakstones old perculiar when I was a lad.  Remember having 5 pints the lunchtime of a match day completely bladdered at the game .  I had a date with my later to be wife that evening and I recall standing in the shower at 8 desperately willing myself to get sober as she was due to arrive in 30 mins.  Happy days

What is the Spanish for bladdered.

14 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

In the first years' bar at the Uni of Manchester Fallowfield Campus, they served up some kind of luminous green/yellow pint called 'Green Monster'. I have absolutely no idea what it contained, but it tasted okay. It was a bit of a fad for the first few weeks, before everyone realised you could get Strongbow Cloudy Apple for £1.70 a pint.

Colour sounds like Venom. Shot of voddy, shot of Southern Comfort, bottle of WKD Blue and to the brim with OJ.

12 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sorry , not convinced yet that Bielik is a £10 mill player. Certainly not the best midfielder in the Championship. David Brooks looks a £35 mill player. But as a midfield anchor man he has to do what Calvin Phillips did in terms of goals and assists. And also be a dead ball expert. It may come but getting over an ACL is the first step

Kalvin Phillips is poo. Effective, but poo. 

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You seem to twist everything. You're very obsessed mate.

haha I used to wonder if you just spouted crap to get a reaction but now I know its just that you talk crap full stop

like seeing things through rose tinted glasses when Rooney is in charge yet slagged Cocu constantly ...... wish David would introduce the yawn emoji as it'd put your reactions total  through the roof .................

Bielik is class

Before his injury i thought he wasn't very good. Looked a donkey at CB and changing positions & not being able to settle in a position probably didn't help. 

Also sometimes you're only as good as those around you. Bielik can get the ball quite tight turn & play a decent forward pass. He's done some quality through balls. However you can only play them sort of balls if others are willing to run. Under cocu we were always static, playing the way were facing & not moving enough off the ball. We're now seeing how good bielik is because Rooney has us playing to his strengths & has players willing to make forward runs into space 

24 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Bielik is class

Before his injury i thought he wasn't very good. Looked a donkey at CB and changing positions & not being able to settle in a position probably didn't help. 

Also sometimes you're only as good as those around you. Bielik can get the ball quite tight turn & play a decent forward pass. He's done some quality through balls. However you can only play them sort of balls if others are willing to run. Under cocu we were always static, playing the way were facing & not moving enough off the ball. We're now seeing how good bielik is because Rooney has us playing to his strengths & has players willing to make forward runs into space 

I mean, I like your analysis and don't have any reason to doubt its accuracy. 

I just find it bewildering that a manager like Cocu, who played at the highest levels in teams far more technically advanced than ours - why would he not train something as intuitively obvious as passing into space and running onto passes? 

The enforced weeks 'rest' for Bielik following yesterdays postponement will be very useful I think.

I'm quite frankly astonished by how fit & mobile he's looked so far after such a serious injury & it he has to be managed to some extent , so maybe yesterday is a blessing in disguise

Rooney says that Bielik is not a centre half and will not be playing CH while he is in charge. He also says that Bielik will get better and better. I think most footballers need clear guidance in what is expected of them so they know their role. Rooney said of Jozwiack that you only have to tell him once and he will do what is expected. Makes me wonder if Cocu could make it clear to players and whether they could do what was asked if them. All that passing in our own half until we had the ball taken off us was just boring and ridiculous. If the plan is good and each player knows what to do it is likely to bring good results. If you do not follow instructions then you do not play. Fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Has shown again today why he is so so important to this team. We talk about Knight never stopping but watch the game back and Bielik is everywhere, drops between the CBs and midfield seamlessly. 

Don't like the idea of a team built around a player but the return to 433 only works because of Bielik. 

I just parked next him Allestre Park. I’m putting the dog in our car and he and his partner are doing the same with their golden lab. I am so half asleep that I am thinking, you look very young to be driving a V8 twin Turbo 4x4 Merc. There is something familiar and he’s tall .. then I’m back in the car and see the reg ends in KBB and the penny drops ? ... Anyway I had my Rams hat and scarf and I think he noticed 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

I just parked next him Allestre Park. I’m putting the dog in our car and he and his partner are doing the same with their golden lab. I am so half asleep that I am thinking, you look very young to be driving a V8 twin Turbo 4x4 Merc. There is something familiar and he’s tall .. then I’m back in the car and see the reg ends in KBB and the penny drops ? ... Anyway I had my Rams hat and scarf and I think he noticed 

Transfer request incoming.

"Boss I was at the park, and a fan just blanked me. If I'm not appreciated, I'm off".

Archived