Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

David

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I found this bit a bit strange. Coming up to three weeks since the Bristol City game and no op? Don’t pros usually go in pretty much as soon as the scan confirms the problem? Definitely not a three week delay anyway.

I’m no medical expert, but I’ve only seen it mentioned that he’s “damaged” his ACL, rather than specifically mentioning it being ruptured or torn. Is there any circumstance of damaging your ACL where surgery isn’t required?

Can’t afford to go private. He’s on an NHS waiting list just behind Alf who needs a new hip.

Just now, David said:

Seen somewhere he’s due in next week 

Thought the delay was strange that’s all. Curtis Davies picked up his injury and had surgery on it in less than two weeks. I wondered if there was a possibility that surgery might not be necessary, but who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Thought the delay was strange that’s all. Curtis Davies picked up his injury and had surgery on it in less than two weeks. I wondered if there was a possibility that surgery might not be necessary, but who knows. 

No idea, not a doctor but Davies did his achilles not his ACL. 

Some will probably claim we couldn’t afford to send him private so he’s been on the NHS in and out in under an hour for free jobby 

Perhaps some time is needed if there is damage that can heal naturally before heading straight to surgery. Sounds weird, but when I smashed up my collarbone and the X-ray showed a few bones in several pieces the surgeon wanted to wait a couple of weeks for surgery to see how my body might start bringing the structure back together itself (needed 13 screws and a couple of bits of meccano in the end).

I know it's a different type of injury, but perhaps there's some swelling around the ligament that needs to subside first.

Lad at work (had two ACL repairs himself) says swelling most likely the reason for the delay. 

Also this on the US national medicine website: 

"Various authors suggest that ACLR be performed at least 3 weeks after injury in order to avoid arthrofibrosis. More important than time alone, objective criteria including perioperative swelling, edema, hyperthermia, and ROM are important indicators of when surgery should be performed."

I don't think it'll be anything to worry about/anything more positive than we already know. 

8 hours ago, roboto said:

Perhaps some time is needed if there is damage that can heal naturally before heading straight to surgery. Sounds weird, but when I smashed up my collarbone and the X-ray showed a few bones in several pieces the surgeon wanted to wait a couple of weeks for surgery to see how my body might start bringing the structure back together itself (needed 13 screws and a couple of bits of meccano in the end).

I know it's a different type of injury, but perhaps there's some swelling around the ligament that needs to subside first.

Good post, roboto.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cannable said:

My two takeaways from the following are that; 

1. Bielik is very good at football and I miss him

2. Hughes’ developed completely differently to how I think any of us envisioned. I had him down as a Grealish/Foden type and he’s developed into a ball winner.

Us having no players in the upper-right circle with Bielik injured explains a lot of our issues this season.

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Knight not on there at all, pretty poor considering the amount he has played and shows the lack of impact he has had this season

To be a proper Venn diagram, he should be put outside of the three blobs. There may be others.... We don't know all of the members of the set of midfield players who have played more than 2000 mins.