Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

Day

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, europia said:

Maybe best keep it quiet till we get some cash into the club. A few PL clubs were reportedly looking at him prior to the injury. 

Were they? He barely played for us prior to getting injured, can't imagine he would have been on many radars with his performances for us before the ACL

Dare I say it but Bielik reminds me of a Polish and Championship version of Patrick Vieira like a brick wall parked in front of the defence about 7ft tall and a real presence. 

When I watched him last season his decision making seemed often poor or rash if he can improve that with his natural physical presence and good touch he will be way to good for this level and similar quality to Thorne even though they are abit different. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

I've been watching, and playing, football for long enough, not sure what difference it makes how long someone has been watching football ?‍♂️

You are right I am wasting my time because everything to you was Cocu's fault and Rooney can do no wrong ????

That's very harsh imo.

@RoyMac5 properly threw his toys out the pram and wanted Rooney gone not so long ago.

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

This what I've been trying to tell people for ages! About time everyone's seeing it, I was accused by one guy of being Bielik as I was praising him... bet that certain someone's eating his words

Same. Obviously hugely talented and with so much potential before he got injured. He's got it all and will be playing for a top club one day. 

11 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Dare I say it but Bielik reminds me of a Polish and Championship version of Patrick Vieira like a brick wall parked in front of the defence about 7ft tall and a real presence. 

When I watched him last season his decision making seemed often poor or rash if he can improve that with his natural physical presence and good touch he will be way to good for this level and similar quality to Thorne even though they are abit different. 

True. Difference is he's a much better passer and more confident on the ball. I'd also say he's more genuine in trying to win the ball too. But you can see the comparisons. Bielik is very much like Pogba. Or what Pogba is supposed to be. 

A “Moment of the Match”: 

KB in CDM just outside our D, received a bouncing ball just in front of him and a tight opponent; KB flicks the ball over the opponent’s head, spins and controls the ball on its descent then moved it left to Jozwiak all in one flowing, graceful passage of play.  Eranio-esque 

46 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

A “Moment of the Match”: 

KB in CDM just outside our D, received a bouncing ball just in front of him and a tight opponent; KB flicks the ball over the opponent’s head, spins and controls the ball on its descent then moved it left to Jozwiak all in one flowing, graceful passage of play.  Eranio-esque 

Saw it, thing of beauty.

Premature thread, I feel. In the same way you shouldn’t write off a player after six games, there’s no point anointing players either.

Bielik has cost us anywhere from £6-10 million. Bradley Johnson cost less and there never would have been threads about him after a good run of 5-6 games. And he certainly had them, contrary to popular belief.

I think it’s fantastic that Bielik is back and progressing well after his injury, but surely these plaudits should be saved until he has produced the goods in a Derby shirt consistently over an extended period of time?

Does he look promising? Absolutely. Does he look like a vital player for us? Definitely. Is he performing well? Undoubtedly.

But we would have said exactly the same about Sibley six months ago and look what happened there.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Premature thread, I feel. In the same way you shouldn’t write off a player after six games, there’s no point anointing players either.

Bielik has cost us anywhere from £6-10 million. Bradley Johnson cost less and there never would have been threads about him after a good run of 5-6 games. And he certainly had them, contrary to popular belief.

I think it’s fantastic that Bielik is back and progressing well after his injury, but surely these plaudits should be saved until he has produced the goods in a Derby shirt consistently over an extended period of time?

Does he look promising? Absolutely. Does he look like a vital player for us? Definitely. Is he performing well? Undoubtedly.

But we would have said exactly the same about Sibley six months ago and look what happened there.

Comparing Bielik's re-emergence with Sibley's first few games is harsh on both.

The Swansea game saw the most comprehensive display of midfield mastery, from Bielik, as we have seen in a long time. It was a significant advance on anything seen from him last season. But equally important was the contribution alongside him from Shinnie and Knight. This is one hell of a unit!

9 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

I think we need to give Cocu some serious credit for his recruitment.

Jozwiak and Bielik are top, top quality. Kazim-Richards, Byrne and Marshall have been very shrewd signings.

All the players we rave about on matchdays were either bought or blooded by Phil and co.

Not taking it away from cocu 

but is it also possible our ever present scouting department have finally got off their arses and joined the party 

2 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Comparing Bielik's re-emergence with Sibley's first few games is harsh on both.

The Swansea game saw the most comprehensive display of midfield mastery, from Bielik, as we have seen in a long time. It was a significant advance on anything seen from him last season. But equally important was the contribution alongside him from Shinnie and Knight. This is one hell of a unit!

This in a nutshell 

Bielik has the swagger and style but Knight and shinnie give us the legs to bring out the best in him 

biggest credit goes to Rooney imo for putting that little trifector of invincibility together 

joking aside, if they can stay fit that midfield 3 can be as good as anything in this league or better 

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don't think it is to be honest. For Charlton, he was unreal and he played most of the season there. In his 20 odd games he was statistically and visually the most dominant defensive midfielder in the league, levels above everyone else. So far this season, he's been phenomenal.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

This in a nutshell 

Bielik has the swagger and style but Knight and shinnie give us the legs to bring out the best in him 

biggest credit goes to Rooney imo for putting that little trifector of invincibility together 

joking aside, if they can stay fit that midfield 3 can be as good as anything in this league or better 

swagger is the correct word and he gives the impression of playing well within his capabilities.  I would be surprised if this is a blip

Archived