Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

Day

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That is bloody painful, talking from experience! Whilst it’s painful, but hopefully with the expertise we have medically speaking this isn’t anywhere near as bad as first feared. The correct precautions were taken leaving the pitch. ?? He will be back on the field of play sooner rather than later ??

I don’t imagine the procedure is the same as when I had mine done (suffice it to say that post surgery leeches were still an option) but kneecap dislocations were not uncommon during recovery because the ACL repair involved the use of a section of patella tendon. 

Hope he’s ok, but it didn’t look good at all. Guess we will find out when he’s had a scan, Monday at a guess, but I think it looks like a long term injury. Think we’ll be talking months rather than weeks, which is devastating news because he’s our best and most important player by an absolute country mile.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I dislocated my kneecap a couple of years back. Think of the pain you’d feel if someone dropped an anvil on your baalocks. Then treble it. Still makes me wince thinking about it. But I don’t think that’s what Bielik has done - he was rolling around on the floor when he first went down, when I did mine I couldn’t move. 

FWIW, I couldn’t do any strenuous exercise like football for 6-10 weeks after doing mine, as I ended up spraining a ligament in the process. So it’s not necessarily an immediate recovery.

The innocuous ones tend to be the worst. Let's hope it's just a twist and precautionary action but I will be surprised if he features again this season. Such a shame when he was really starting to dominate. Good luck to the guy, he's been a huge part of our recovery.

None of us know anything 

It could be one of several things. 

it clearly hurt like duck

No clear indication that it’s ACL from Wayne

Right then ..so let’s wait and see Monday/Tuesday and hope for the best, for KB and the team. 4-6 weeks out is better than a season .. just think .. he’ll be firing on all cylinders ready to push us in to the play offs in the last game of the season 

Think positive ! 

Didn't look too horrendous. Just seemed to twist a bit. No real blame to the city player. Just collapsed on it when he put the weight down but clearly not a straight forward one. I'm guessing ACL gone again. But we'll see. Could be Sept/Oct again. Which is a massive shame for him us and the club. No way we were going down with him in the team. Should be ok still but put a downer on the win. 

Archived