v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The lack of subs is strange..especially when we can make 5

We are 2-0 playing well, in control. Why not bring on some more subs on 70 mins..has to be a confidence booster.

Also 2 games every week with the Xmas programme upon us...player management got to be important?

Have you not watched how other teams who have made multiple subs lose direction?  It is not a certain improvement that’s for sure but at least you found something to moan about on a night when we provided a very solid performance

42 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Excellent result lots of good performances and plenty of desire and we looked much more balanced.

Midfield definitely clicked and shows plenty of energy, intelligence and bravery.

Byrne and wags linked up nicely, so did Joz and Buchanan.

Kaz is a proper battering ram striker with good touch and mobility.

Wiz and Clarke did well too recycling possession quickly and effectively.

Some nice pairing starting to build and 2 ducking goals in one game!!!!!!

Said when he signed I hoped he proved to be that piece of the jigsaw like Kuqi was when Nigel’s side had that glorious purple patch. Looks like my hopes have been realised. 

4 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Clarke immense 2nd half , Beilik class , Shinnie work rate superb , CKR beast mode . Loved it . Wonder what show pony Lawrence made of it ? Rooney .....????

Why not just enjoy the performance and forget the snide comments for once

28 minutes ago, Norman said:

Two things stand out for me. 

The first is the fitness levels. Everyone seems fitter. So much energy in the full back areas, the midfield are always closing down, and Knight and Kazim are great at defending from the front. 

Second is, for me, the most important. The long awaited return of having some gamesmanship to us. We were too nice under Cocu. We now stop them taking quick free kicks by kicking the ball away or picking it up, we argue with the ref, we push players over when they clear the ball, we leave our foot in on defenders. It all makes the opposition more unsettled. Nobody wants Kazim or Knight closing then down and leaving a bit on them.

I had no idea you were a purist. ?

Sorry but someone posted saying give WR until the end of the season...madness IMO, He needs to know where he is, Who he can buy in January, Carry on building this teams confidence, The foundations are there, 3-4 courses of bricks have been laid, He needs to know if the job is his ASAP, Players clearly want him to be here, Saying to those [players "if you don't work hard enough then you aint playing" when was the last time a Derby Manager said owt like that...Nice one WR ?

27 minutes ago, Norman said:

Two things stand out for me. 

The first is the fitness levels. Everyone seems fitter. So much energy in the full back areas, the midfield are always closing down, and Knight and Kazim are great at defending from the front. 

Second is, for me, the most important. The long awaited return of having some gamesmanship to us. We were too nice under Cocu. We now stop them taking quick free kicks by kicking the ball away or picking it up, we argue with the ref, we push players over when they clear the ball, we leave our foot in on defenders. It all makes the opposition more unsettled. Nobody wants Kazim or Knight closing then down and leaving a bit on them.

You really really wouldn’t want Kazim as a night club bouncer if you were looking for trouble would you. ? I mean .. you can see it can’t you ? ... uh oh .. look who’s on the door tonight. Tell you what let’s go to KFC instead. 

We looked like a real team, more than the sum of the parts, round pegs in round holes.

I would like us to have shown a bit more threat in the second half. 
mainly because I missed the first twenty minutes.

25 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Only real shame about tonight is that PP wasn't full. The fans would have got right behind that. 

They did on Sky.......we never stopped singing all night.....and look what are positive singing did!

"We're the black and white army" on repeat for 96 minutes, best soundtrack I've heard in years, so come and guys and girls when you do get back to Pride Park and every away game, sing loud and proud for Derby County.

Archived