v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope Rooney is the manager, he's in charge.

One aspect McLaren didn't always get right was defensive organisation.  You can't question that in the last 6 games and fairly sure that's down to the current coaching staff led by Rooney

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admit I wanted a proven experienced manager to get us out of trouble. My pick was allardyce although I did think we should give Wayne an opportunity. He has taken that opportunity and the turnaround has been nothing short of incredible we could be watching a different club. How we ended up bottom of the league is difficult to understand. Rooney has made some great decisions and the players look to be with him so well done and give him the job 

15 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Have you not watched how other teams who have made multiple subs lose direction?  It is not a certain improvement that’s for sure but at least you found something to moan about on a night when we provided a very solid performance

Should have asked how many subs did Swansea use?

51 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Anyone else not worried one bit in the second half? 

We’ve been solid defensively over the last few games, just couldn’t score. 

I didn’t have any of that anxiety from previous games holding on to a lead because we’ve built from the back? 

I thought that after 35 mins. Odd feeling that we were totally in control and just made them look average. Reminded me of Leeds pressing last season

39 minutes ago, Norman said:

The most important. The long awaited return of having some gamesmanship to us. We were too nice under Cocu. We now stop them taking quick free kicks by kicking the ball away or picking it up, we argue with the ref, we push players over when they clear the ball, we leave our foot in on defenders. It all makes the opposition more unsettled. Nobody wants Kazim or Knight closing then down and leaving a bit on them.

The "Derby Way" is back....

50 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I disagree with those calling for a number of late substitutions. You don't want to disrupt a team comfortably in control, unless a player is injured or his legs have gone. It wasn't as if you was expecting them to score at any moment and needed to disrupt their play.

Ideal chance being 2-0 up and going into the last 20 minutes to have just made one substitute, I would have liked to have seen young Stretton play for a longer spell, to see if he can step up in the department we need to look at (striker).

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Have you not watched how other teams who have made multiple subs lose direction?  It is not a certain improvement that’s for sure but at least you found something to moan about on a night when we provided a very solid performance

The only time I had a nervous twitch of concern was when the excellent waggy went off and Duane came on..

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Loved Clarke manhandling Ayiou throughout the game. Shrugged off the elbow and thoroughly buggered him the whole game

Here is a Hartington ? ... for best match day choice of descriptive phrase ??

Just now, minesahartington said:

The only time I had a nervous twitch of concern was when the excellent waggy went off and Duane came on..

Me too, but he was fine wasn’t he, a bit more energy when needed to close them down. I had the nightmare of when came on a few weeks ago and immediately gave away the ball and we conceded.

4 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Loved Clarke manhandling Ayiou throughout the game. Shrugged off the elbow and thoroughly buggered him the whole game

Yeah he was a right little whinger when Clarke got the better of him. Poor ref, called the foul on Clarke but didn't even think of booking the elbow to the head!

49 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst it's fair to say about not disrupting the team, we were rapidly tiring in central areas; Knight and CKR in particularly but both Bielik and Shinnie were tiring as well. Also we essentially had nothing going forwards to keep them honest past about 60 minutes. Just think we could have been a touch bolder in substitutions, perhaps saving some legs for future games with it.

Very good performance tonight, but agree we invited a lot of pressure last 20 minutes and could have used fresher legs by that point Knight and Joziak were blowing out there arses. Stuck to it though.  Holmes anonymous play was the only bad point, we seem to have an issue with subs coming on out wide always coming central which increases that pressure.

Massive game next.   

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Ideal chance being 2-0 up and going into the last 20 minutes to have just made one substitute, I would have liked to have seen young Stretton play for a longer spell, to see if he can step up in the department we need to look at (striker).

Ain't that what wassell did away at rotherham? 3-0 up, get the subs on, get some game time lads, fill yer boots........

We needed to win the game. We won the game comfortably.

Sure stretton could have come on, bagged a goal and given us more to celebrate. I agree it could have been an ideal opportunity.

However I remember Birmingham and qpr games where we were coasting in the 90th minute.

Imagine if we had only got a point today having been 2-0 up and playing well. People would be stringing themselves up on here.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Very good performance tonight, but agree we invited a lot of pressure last 20 minutes and could have used fresher legs by that point Knight and Joziak were blowing out there arses. Stuck to it though.  Holmes anonymous play was the only bad point, we seem to have an issue with subs coming on out wide always coming central which increases that pressure.

Massive game next.   

Disagree, I don’t rate Dwayne but he did his job tonight, he was expected to close them down and he did.  Sometimes even players you don’t rate deserve a bit of praise

Archived