v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

2 hours ago, David said:

But we have plenty of evidence Rooney is the manager, not McClaren. 

No one is saying Rooney isn’t the manager but we don’t know how much Mac is having an influence in assisting him.

Shteve  wasn’t bought in a technical director,he was brought in to shore up a sinking ship after cocu left....his title was irrelevant at that time.
It might be more so now we are settling as a squad,I hope so,having a dof is important to out long term future to my mind.

his influence is pretty clear for those who want to see it.

If the partnership continues to flourish then fantastic,I’m not bothered how the mix of coaches and staff achieve it or who get the plaudits,it’s just good for Derby county.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not much different to now I suspect. The bottom 6 is not a static population. Some will have fallen down into it (so will have had very poor recent results). Some of the ones here were in it may have climbed clear (so you're excluding them from the analysis).

I don't think at any point we've been cut adrift have we?

Coventry have.pulled themselves out of the bottom six otherwise more rearranging than falling in or climbing out I think. Probably best to check the table six games ago. In any case the other five have performed as stated compared to us. Would be good to to sixth bottom at Xmas and having the next group in easy reach. We have a good chance of getting points from all the games until 23 games played, so half way through the  season, especially if we can maintain momentum from the Swansea game.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Coventry have.pulled themselves out of the bottom six otherwise more rearranging than falling in or climbing out I think. Probably best to check the table six games ago. In any case the other five have performed as stated compared to us. Would be good to to sixth bottom at Xmas and having the next group in easy reach. We have a good chance of getting points from all the games until 23 games played, so half way through the  season, especially if we can maintain momentum from the Swansea game.

image.png.0d462c2743fdbcf88cf23f62acfe9c6e.png

image.png.8b2180c46b1e8355fe266185451b0850.png

4 minutes ago, David said:

Agreed. If that’s what you’re looking for it’s easy to see ?

Mac3 is clearly analysing patterns of play from the back of the upper stand but he is also smart enough to wait until Wayne asks his opinion before giving it.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

image.png.0d462c2743fdbcf88cf23f62acfe9c6e.png

image.png.8b2180c46b1e8355fe266185451b0850.png

Much appreciated. GofC. So only Coventry have escaped the bottom six with QPR dropping in to it. Cardiff who were 18th have gone on a great run and are the top form team over last six games winning five, I think. We are Now 9th top form team over six games. We needed this unbeaten run.

22 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Form table over the last 6 games has Coventry performing as well as us. If we keep up a 10 point return from the next 10 games I can see more than 3 clubs that will be below us.

300602448_Screenshot2020-12-18at13_46_35.thumb.png.0dc54eae05795a5e71ea3d01538c4e5a.png

So we are actually seventh equal on  points in the form guide which is remarkable. A win against Rotherham would give us 12 points from 6 games. Top three points scoring.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

So we are actually seventh equal on  points in the form guide which is remarkable. A win against Rotherham would give us 12 points from 6 games. Top three points scoring.

Six games ago we were six points adrift of fourth bottom. Beat Rothetham and we will be out of bottom three.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Six games ago we were six points adrift of fourth bottom. Beat Rothetham and we will be out of bottom three.

Yeah that's all there is to it! 

I hate this type of game. 

Banana skin on an ice covered pavement. 

Hope we've got our Blakeys on. 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah that's all there is to it! 

I hate this type of game. 

Banana skin on an ice covered pavement. 

Hope we've got our Blakeys on. 

We can completely dominate Rotherham if we go at them from the kick off. Rooney's tactics were spot on. The more that I watched that Swansea game the more it became clear that every player knew what was expected if them. 81 points to play for. Cardiff have just won five out if six and there only loss was against Swansea.

Well I'm late to the party, but its such a good one its still worth turning up! I have actually had loads of laptop trouble. My son offered his Sky Go, but when I clicked the app it said "Update available  - download and install". I would have postponed it because I know what happens when there is an update 20 minutes before kick-off, and it happened. Actually nothing did. So I went to Rams tv, only to find the match wasn't available in the UK, so off I went to Amsterdam, where I was able to see the pitch! I joined just after the goal, and settled down to us defending for another 75 minutes or so, but couldn't work out if I'd actually got the right match! It was wonderful stuff, or would have been if it wasn't for all the buffering going on. I did see the second goal - a pearler, but got my wife's laptop out for the second half. I had to download the Skygo app. Not again, I thought, but at least it will have the update already done. Oh no it wasn't, so off we went again !Rams TV froze just after Matt Clarke won a throw back next to our own penalty area, but I got to see it 3 times! Then Sky was actually going, and there was no trouble whatsoever.

So if anyone knows someone who can give my laptop an overhaul and stop all these internet problems, I would be most grateful.

On to the match - we were stupendous in both, very different halves. I have noticed that when we are on it, the opposition always looks poor, almost as if we look good when the other lot have an off day, but reality is that when we play t our strengths we make the other team look very ordinary. It's a gift! There are a number of thoughts on what has made the difference. Some of it is our midfield - it is now so effective that we can control the match. The opposition are no longer waltzing through like we are providing a guard of honour on the way to our goal. It also means that the ball isn't coming straight back at our defence, so they now have more time to get in the right position to actually defend. A further bonus is that we are now actively cutting out quite a lot of the potential crosses into the box, so don't have half as many of those to deal with either. So although Clarke and Wizzy are working well together, some of it is that they are actually getting time to do their job better, instead of constantly living in last-ditch land!

Another factor is, of course, Mr Beilik. He is quite astounding. Although he can provide those turf-skimming through balls that Gorgeous George was known for, he does play different. Neither is he Igor reborn - he doesn't swagger around with Stimac's enormous arrogance, with an attitude which says "What on earth do you think you are doing on MY football pitch?" Kristian has a stupendous awareness of where other player are on the pitch, both ours and the opposition, so by the time he gets to receive the ball, he already knows who he is going to pass it to. And he reads the game so well that the number of intercepts he makes are quite remarkable. As a result the whole midfield can function to its strengths, instead of chasing shadows. And we have Kzim providing the focus we have been desperate for, as well as being a leader for the players at the front end of our football - encouraging, directing, cajoling them, so now we have forwards looking to play as attackers instead of chasing lost causes. The whole thing from keeper to target man is now able to work together, and I love it!  It also helps to be playing the ball forwards with purpose instead of playing keep-ball in our own half.

Also, I want to single out Martin Waghorn for praise. He has  had a lot of flack on this forum, and others, because of his performances. But most on here know that he is at his best playing wide right. And on Wednesday he played really well - no poor ball control, no being in the wrong place at the wrong time. and he was really effective. Long may it continue.

There is a feeling on here that we are seeing a return to MacBall. There are signs, but it isn't MacBall - we are playing a lot more long balls - not hoof and hope Rowett-ball. We are playing long to switch the play in one pass instead of about 13, and we are playing the ball into the channels. The whole thing is looking very healthy. Roll on Saturday!

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Well I'm late to the party, but its such a good one its still worth turning up! I have actually had loads of laptop trouble. My son offered his Sky Go, but when I clicked the app it said "Update available  - download and install". I would have postponed it because I know what happens when there is an update 20 minutes before kick-off, and it happened. Actually nothing did. So I went to Rams tv, only to find the match wasn't available in the UK, so off I went to Amsterdam, where I was able to see the pitch! I joined just after the goal, and settled down to us defending for another 75 minutes or so, but couldn't work out if I'd actually got the right match! It was wonderful stuff, or would have been if it wasn't for all the buffering going on. I did see the second goal - a pearler, but got my wife's laptop out for the second half. I had to download the Skygo app. Not again, I thought, but at least it will have the update already done. Oh no it wasn't, so off we went again !Rams TV froze just after Matt Clarke won a throw back next to our own penalty area, but I got to see it 3 times! Then Sky was actually going, and there was no trouble whatsoever.

So if anyone knows someone who can give my laptop an overhaul and stop all these internet problems, I would be most grateful.

On to the match - we were stupendous in both, very different halves. I have noticed that when we are on it, the opposition always looks poor, almost as if we look good when the other lot have an off day, but reality is that when we play t our strengths we make the other team look very ordinary. It's a gift! There are a number of thoughts on what has made the difference. Some of it is our midfield - it is now so effective that we can control the match. The opposition are no longer waltzing through like we are providing a guard of honour on the way to our goal. It also means that the ball isn't coming straight back at our defence, so they now have more time to get in the right position to actually defend. A further bonus is that we are now actively cutting out quite a lot of the potential crosses into the box, so don't have half as many of those to deal with either. So although Clarke and Wizzy are working well together, some of it is that they are actually getting time to do their job better, instead of constantly living in last-ditch land!

Another factor is, of course, Mr Beilik. He is quite astounding. Although he can provide those turf-skimming through balls that Gorgeous George was known for, he does play different. Neither is he Igor reborn - he doesn't swagger around with Stimac's enormous arrogance, with an attitude which says "What on earth do you think you are doing on MY football pitch?" Kristian has a stupendous awareness of where other player are on the pitch, both ours and the opposition, so by the time he gets to receive the ball, he already knows who he is going to pass it to. And he reads the game so well that the number of intercepts he makes are quite remarkable. As a result the whole midfield can function to its strengths, instead of chasing shadows. And we have Kzim providing the focus we have been desperate for, as well as being a leader for the players at the front end of our football - encouraging, directing, cajoling them, so now we have forwards looking to play as attackers instead of chasing lost causes. The whole thing from keeper to target man is now able to work together, and I love it!  It also helps to be playing the ball forwards with purpose instead of playing keep-ball in our own half.

Also, I want to single out Martin Waghorn for praise. He has  had a lot of flack on this forum, and others, because of his performances. But most on here know that he is at his best playing wide right. And on Wednesday he played really well - no poor ball control, no being in the wrong place at the wrong time. and he was really effective. Long may it continue.

There is a feeling on here that we are seeing a return to MacBall. There are signs, but it isn't MacBall - we are playing a lot more long balls - not hoof and hope Rowett-ball. We are playing long to switch the play in one pass instead of about 13, and we are playing the ball into the channels. The whole thing is looking very healthy. Roll on Saturday!

Just for the footy get yourself a chrome book,they are very cheap new but run rams tv perfectly,they update themselves in seconds not hours and you don’t need anti virus protection as it’s all built in (they are cloud based).....basically a zero hassle option for entertainment.

(and just connect to your tv with a hdmi lead if you want to watch it on there,which is what I do)

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just for the footy get yourself a chrome book,they are very cheap new but run rams tv perfectly,they update themselves in seconds not hours and you don’t need anti virus protection as it’s all built in (they are cloud based).....basically a zero hassle option for entertainment.

(and just connect to your tv with a hdmi lead if you want to watch it on there,which is what I do)

Thanks, Kasha! next thing - how do I do crowd-funding? 

Archived