v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, KBB said:

Ain't that what wassell did away at rotherham? 3-0 up, get the subs on, get some game time lads, fill yer boots........

We needed to win the game. We won the game comfortably.

Sure stretton could have come on, bagged a goal and given us more to celebrate. I agree it could have been an ideal opportunity.

However I remember Birmingham and qpr games where we were coasting in the 90th minute.

Imagine if we had only got a point today having been 2-0 up and playing well. People would be stringing themselves up on here.

I actually stated ONE sub, not get the subs on. What I was trying to get across was, needing to look at ONE of our strikers on the bench, but giving him 60 secs was not going to show you anything. I agree, that if it was only 1-0 its a gamble, but ONE sub with 20 mins to go and being 2-0 up.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

I actually stated ONE sub, not get the subs on. What I was trying to get across was, needing to look at ONE of our strikers on the bench, but giving him 60 secs was not going to show you anything. I agree, that if it was only 1-0 its a gamble, but ONE sub with 20 mins to go and being 2-0 up.

Ah sorry mate I misread that as putting another one on. Sorry if reply came across as digging you out. For what it's worth I agree with you.

53 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

I remember a poll a while back about whether WR should be manager. It was about 14 "Yes" and 250 "No" after I cast my vote. The 14 were the butt of a few jokes on the thread.

Well......

I was one of the 14 and I don't care who knows it. ?

I sat on the fence and did'nt vote, but after watching Wayne's aftermatch interview tonight. Well I think the guy knows his onions. I would give him the job now.

Best game of the season. Lovely goal fro Jozwiak, the midfield 3 of Bielik, Shinnie and Knight all work well together, Clarke very good at the back and Kazim holding the ball up well, and winning his headers all the time, it's getting better, and will carry on getting better

Well done Mr Rooney, u have put a great team together. 

13 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I sat on the fence and did'nt vote, but after watching Wayne's aftermatch interview tonight. Well I think the guy knows his onions. I would give him the job now.

I was definitely against him being manager but he's proved me wrong. What's really impressive is the way he has learnt from our performances and made appropriate changes. The quality of our play tonight was the best since Lampard. Without taking anything away from Rooney its also possible that other members of the management team are also having an impact. Bit hard to dismiss them on the basis of the Middlesborough match  - it has taken a few games to erase the Cocu style.

1 hour ago, James Pond said:

Saying to those [players "if you don't work hard enough then you aint playing" when was the last time a Derby Manager said owt like that...Nice one WR ?

Quite refreshing to hear that. Perhaps the last manager to say that, was one who was around before players were millionaires by the time they are 21, being represented by self serving slippery agents. 

Archived