v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

Cracking result - and great to see goals! Thought we we're unlucky not to go into the break 3 if not 4 up and while the second half was a little less exciting, it was a solid performance to see us home.

I wasn't excited about Rooney getting the manager role, but he's not lost, isn't conceding and is getting the team working harder and looking 1000x more threatening in front of goal. Would be mad not to give him the role permanently, and as other have said, he should get it asap so he can add some of 'his' players in January. 

Huge game next but every game is bringing more confidence and getting us closer to being out of trouble. I think we've shown there aren't any teams we should be particularly scared of in this division. Here's to hoping we continue in this vein of form. Things are looking up!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic game today. Players are starting to be chosen based on workrate and it's showing. Shinnie is doing so well that he's keeping Bird out. Bird and Bielik is the long-term partnership. Knight is the first name on the team sheet for me. 

I don't want to see Lawrence in this side again. Holmes is too inconsistent and injury prone. I'd like Sibley to be getting more minutes and starting more but happy with tonight's lineup and performance.

Hopefully Rooney is starting to weed out players who don't offer enough and ironically he started with himself. 

44 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I sat on the fence and did'nt vote, but after watching Wayne's aftermatch interview tonight. Well I think the guy knows his onions. I would give him the job now.

Yes it was an impressive interview. Just someone who loves and knows his football also nice credit to others in coaching team for their ideas. I voted no but always happy to be proved wrong if it means an upturn for my beloved Derby - will be ecstatic to go to the unveiling of Wayne's statue outside Pride Park and then watch Champions League football in the Rooney stand in the future

1 hour ago, David said:

Came close to opening a topic but aware of my alcohol levels.

I don't like this Mac this, Mac that, as you say it's a disservice to Rooney, Mac maybe there giving advice but this is on Rooney, about time he was given credit.

I fear that whilst Mac is about, there will always be this lingering questions over how much influence he has on this team, comparisons to 2014. 

I actually think the disservice is to Mac if we don’t accept his presence has had some influence in our increase in performance....Rooney will rightly get the plaudits but the majority of the press and public will be ignorant of Mac’s presence and influence in the background.

I’d imagine that will suit Mac at this time,he clearly wants to be involved in Derby but without the hassle that comes with being the manager.

Im not sure why you resent some recognising his input David,after all it’s a team game and if it’s working out then all of the coaching team and Mac are clearly playing their part.

I for one am very glad that he is here advising the inexperienced Rooney and if it’s to the clubs benefit then that’s fantastic.

I can recall the late great Alan Ball describe a young Wayne Rooney as a street fighter when he was involved for England some years ago. Well he's certainly got amongst that dressing room in the last few weeks and its pretty clear the players respect him and want to play for him. We may have stumbled across a very capable young manager. I'm begining to feel that Derby County and Wayne Rooney are a very good fit.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I actually think the disservice is to Mac if we don’t accept his presence has had some influence in our increase in performance....Rooney will rightly get the plaudits but the majority will be ignoring Mac’s presence and influence.

I’d imagine that will suit Mac at this time,he clearly wants to be involved in Derby but without the hassle that comes with being the manager.

Im bit sure why you resent some recognising his input David,after all it’s a team game and if it’s working out then all of the coaching team and Mac are clearly playing their part.

I for one am very glad that he is here advising the inexperienced Rooney and if it’s to the clubs benefit then that’s fantastic.

How do you work that one out? If you have any evidence to suggest he has had an influence on our performances I'm more than happy to see it, but as far as we're aware he is simply a technical director and is not involved in training or picking of the team at all. 

The club regularly tweet pictures out from the training ground and I'm yet to see one of McClaren in his tracksuit.

Sure, he might be giving advice to Wayne, I would be shocked if he wasn't, but any disservice is to Wayne trying to credit McClaren with this turn around in form.

1 hour ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

@eezzeetigergoogling those names ?

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I think and expect we will all be surprised.  WR has some ability in getting the best out of players by the looks of it.  Tom has great ability it is the application that is lacking.  I’m happy to give him another chance to become the match winner he should be

Wayne had made it clear that if you do not work hard you will not.plsy.

Surprisingly ballsy decision to go 433 in the first half against this opponent. I was expecting the defensive 4231. 

But what it showed was how much better we look for being able to commit an extra player forward. Well 1.5 really as Bielik was doing move than just shielding.

It was so effective it left me wondering why we haven't tried it before now - especially in home games, the previous 3 of which were eminently winnable. Fitness perhaps?

I for one thought a point would be a great result but watching tonight I thought 2 - 0 did us a disservice.  Bielik got MoM but there were some great performances across the pitch.  CKR was great, as was Joz as was Knight. Clarke really solid. Buchanan continues to defy his age. Byrne was really good too defensively and going forward.  Best team performance I've seen for I don't know how long.  

Nod to Rooney too.  I'm sure Mac has an influence but now 6 unbeaten you can't argue the improvement and I'm pretty sure a lot,  if not most is down to Rooney.   Great stuff all round  and having been out for a "substantial" meal washed down with 6 pints, 2 shots and a V&C I'm happy. G'night

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I actually think the disservice is to Mac if we don’t accept his presence has had some influence in our increase in performance....Rooney will rightly get the plaudits but the majority of the press and public will be ignorant of Mac’s presence and influence in the background.

Im not sure why you resent some recognising his input David,after all it’s a team game and if it’s working out then all of the coaching team and Mac are clearly playing their part.

Think you are getting a bit carried away. McClaren is only doing a bit of typing, and the occasional taking of minutes. He gets Mel a cup of coffee around 10.30, and tea and biscuits about 3, and holds the door open for him at 4.59 and wishes him a goodnight.

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

Have you not watched how other teams who have made multiple subs lose direction?  It is not a certain improvement that’s for sure but at least you found something to moan about on a night when we provided a very solid performance

Hardly moaning ..I was just commenting..if you bothered to read through the thread I actually called it a sublime performance..some people need a reality check jeez...

4 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

I remember a poll a while back about whether WR should be manager. It was about 14 "Yes" and 250 "No" after I cast my vote. The 14 were the butt of a few jokes on the thread.

Well......

I was one of the 14 and I don't care who knows it. ?

Not Knocking Rooney ,things are looking up. However let's hope this isn't just a flash in the pan. Too early to start making judgement on his managerial abilities. Let's hope he does but I think 10 or 12 games will give us a more accurate assesment

Archived