v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

3 minutes ago, Old Sawley Popside said:

A well deserved win tonight - can't fault the way the players applied themselves to the task this evening. They collectively worked their socks off! Another game without conceding a goal can only boost the confidence of the defence. I hope that Rooney persists with using the 4-3-3 formation. I'm beginning to feel cautiously, very cautiously optimistic about the future but obviously it's early days.

I hope we stick with it too, massive difference going forwards. Just a touch worried we didn't stick with it second half.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We played 4-3-3 didn’t we @i-Rambut doubt Mac would’ve advised that eh? ? 

In fairness it was only a 433 for a half.

Even in deployment it was a touch different to how Mac had us set up. Not complaining though and I hope we stick with it for the full 90 vs Rotherham.

# We're not rubbish, we're not rubbish. we're not rubbish anymore...

Was more than impressed with that second half, considering where we were at from half time.  A very professional way to hold on to a 2-0 lead, played to perfection.
I'm not even too bothered I missed the first half now... and by all accounts, it was a bit tidy!  

Well done to all.  An excellent nights work.

?

What a performance like that does for a group of lads who have been through the mangle is immeasurable.

Took the game to a highly competitive side and roasted them. ... The dropping heads, fear and indecision get buried  in the bottom drawer. .. An enormous boost way beyond just 3 points. 
 Magic. ...... The sheep are in the ascent. We’ve got our horns back. So happy ! 

My Swansea mate said it was a really off day from them.

I think they underprepared and thought we'd be easy. We also got out tactics spot on to stop them and out worked them and wanted it more.

Feeling more confident as games go by that we're gonna be ok, that even if we limp on with no investment we'll do enough to survive.

Team is improving and TWO goals!

"Its massive.......it's massive..........we have to keep going" says KB.

I think KB is massive and I thought our fans were massive tonight, sung none stop all night long, I could hear you all coming through Sky loud, proud and very clearly........ "We're the black & white army"...........

WR..... "Obviously delighted with the win, could have been 3 or 4 up in the first half, and kept a clean sheet in the second half"

I'm delighted too. Time to enjoy some celebration beers. 

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

I disagree with those calling for a number of late substitutions. You don't want to disrupt a team comfortably in control, unless a player is injured or his legs have gone. It wasn't as if you was expecting them to score at any moment and needed to disrupt their play.

Archived