v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent result lots of good performances and plenty of desire and we looked much more balanced.

Midfield definitely clicked and shows plenty of energy, intelligence and bravery.

Byrne and wags linked up nicely, so did Joz and Buchanan.

Kaz is a proper battering ram striker with good touch and mobility.

Wiz and Clarke did well too recycling possession quickly and effectively.

Some nice pairing starting to build and 2 ducking goals in one game!!!!!!

On 07/11/2020 at 17:47, Cool As Custard said:

Only reason to give Rooney the job is that he might not play himself & might do less damage as manager than he does as a player !!

I think this prediction from a month ago is now coming to fruition - it’s no coincidence we are playing better without him in the team. Far more dynamic in midfield & playing at a higher tempo now

Very good.

First half we were excellent and played them off the park. Second half, the attitude, desire and work rate was exceptional. I have been critical of attitude and fitness in the past but no concerns tonight. To a man, well played.

The spine of the team looked so strong tonight. Shinnie was everywhere. Bielik imperious. 

Really happy with that.

A well deserved win tonight - can't fault the way the players applied themselves to the task this evening. They collectively worked their socks off! Another game without conceding a goal can only boost the confidence of the defence. I hope that Rooney persists with using the 4-3-3 formation. I'm beginning to feel cautiously, very cautiously optimistic about the future but obviously it's early days.

GET IN!! A home win, finally! Thoroughly deserved as well. Outstanding performance all round, from every player out there - both defensively and in attack. The work rate and energy levels were so much better than what we’ve seen most of the season. When you play with that much fight and intensity, you’re far more likely to create chances. And we saw that tonight, we could have easily had a couple more as well. 

Well done to everyone, fantastic result that against a very strong side!

Archived