EFL appeal

Sith Happens

One thing that’s maybe quite interesting is if it comes down to whether the extra money gave us an advantage. Before any mocking commences it’s not like the money was used to be a player not attainable to someone else in the league. Or overspending to the point of proving everyone out of the market. You know it’s not like spending £15 mill on Assombalonga, for example.

The amm. policy essentially about covering up poor ownership rather than about an advantage, that Morris was either making poor appointments or sacking managers before their time was fairly due. It certainly wasn’t part of the plan from day 1, it came in later once the overspending became an issue.

Edited by TuffLuff

31 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

But the sanction is being given by the original IDC, who did not make those comments.

Of course but all those comments will appear in the EFL’s submissions on sanctions and are given weight because they come from the LAP. And if we appeal the sanction - which we might do simply for timing reasons - we’re back in front of the LAP 

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

they are acting on behalf of the other maybe, always winners and losers

Talking of 'acting on behalf of others' -

Just to go back to Wolves for a second, other clubs did raise concerns, but it seems the EFL's approach to them was to have a meeting, shrug their shoulders and say carry on lads.  Wolves posted a £55m loss in the promotion season which seemingly would have put them around £32 million over the 3 year limit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5483115/Wolves-accused-not-paying-star-players-market-value.html

I assume the EFL will be trying to hound them out of existence should they ever drop back down again?

31 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Wow, George is still alive. I thought he dies decades ago like Mildred.

That was a useful 15 minutes of my life, watching G & M clips on YouTube.

Saw Brian Murphy walking alone  at Victoria Train station a while back and not one person appeared to recognise him and at first I thought he was a vagrant .... but was definitely him...looks very old now but still very much alive ....

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

One thing that’s maybe quite interesting is if it comes down to whether the extra money gave us an advantage. Before any mocking commences it’s not like the money was used to be a player not attainable to someone else in the league. Or overspending to the point of proving everyone out of the market. You know it’s not like spending £15 mill on Assombalonga, for example.

The amm. policy essentially about covering up poor ownership rather than about an advantage, that Morris was either making poor appointments or sacking managers before their time was fairly due. It certainly wasn’t part of the plan from day 1, it came in later once the overspending became an issue.

I don't think it has given us an advantage. Mel only did all this to try and actually compete. It's farcical that clubs coming down have these parachute payments. It's just killing the league. We're now sat down the bottom of the table, why do we need any more punishment.

9 minutes ago, rsmini said:

So did we win 3 out 4? 

5 elements to the charge. 

4 pursued by the EFL. 

1 upheld at the original hearing 

1 overturned on appeal. 

2 dismissed at the appeal. 

So 3 of the 5 elements have not been pursued or have been dismissed on appeal. 

2 elements left. 1 already upheld. 1 that can't be appealed against due to being overturned on appeal. 

Punishment awaits. 

I think. 

Edited by Norman

Just now, Norman said:

5 elements to the charge. 

4 pursued by the EFL. 

1 upheld at the original hearing 

1 overturned on appeal. 

2 dismissed. 

So 3 of the 5 elements have not been pursued to dismissed. 

2 elements left. 1 already upheld. 1 that can't be appealed against due to being overturned on appeal. 

I think. 

Disappointed it didn't scan to "12 days of Christmas" to be honest. Started OK, but went wrong fast.

23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Extra money with our scouting department gave us no advantage. I’d rather have given a chimp the money 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Talking of 'acting on behalf of others' -

Just to go back to Wolves for a second, other clubs did raise concerns, but it seems the EFL's approach to them was to have a meeting, shrug their shoulders and say carry on lads.  Wolves posted a £55m loss in the promotion season which seemingly would have put them around £32 million over the 3 year limit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5483115/Wolves-accused-not-paying-star-players-market-value.html

I assume the EFL will be trying to hound them out of existence should they ever drop back down again?

by then there will be no P&S

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

What was the quality of that request though?  I can't recall whether that was used extensively in a defence in the DC.  You would think that that would be estoppel territory

before the DC we argued a raft of 'procedural' defences, including all the stuff about prior EFL determinations. They were thrown out