Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Spend it cleverly and we will get promoted 10mil on 5 players first being Visca from Istanbul Besikar - 2 footed winger who knows where the goal is. 

Spend it unwisely and we start next season on minus 21 points.

Do you think now is a good time for the club to be spending £50m on players?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm absolutely sick of these now.

Rooney sits Infront of the camera and says he wants the managers job.

Since then he's put himself in midfield and played 90 minutes and will probably play 90 tonight.

You absolutely cannot do both. You're a manager or a player. 

I've said it from when it was announced that Rooney and co would be in temp charge that he needs to be in the touchline managing. 

The club is an absolute shambles. 

We're going down. Make no mistake about it. 

These players couldn't care less.

You think the people who subside his salary would continue to do so whilst he was sat in the touch line. Don't care what anyone says, not going to happen, our quest for global domination has created that situation, Rooneys game time needs to be managed.

It really hurts to see how far we have fallen in 5 years. Unfortunately this has been coming. The chopping and changing of managers each with different playing styles. The absurd transfer fees and wages applied to average players. The constant media circus. All this is coming back to bite us. And I feel that this is down to one person. Mel. I know he is a fan, and he has poured his heart and soul into the club (as well as his cash), but this current predicament is the result of 5 or so years of bad management from the top. I have not been this worried for a long long time, and I fear relegation is a very real possibility. Thanks for all the highs Mel, but I think it is time for you to sell up, and hopefully the deal to sell will go through soon. We need new direction.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1-0 is nothing for Mac as he enters the dressing room at half time.

He'll suggest a couple of tweaks, and we'll all be celebrating a 3-1 win in an hours time

It would take more than a couple of tweaks, the whole playing style needs changing

What a poor half. Jozwiak started brightly, they whacked into him a couple of times and he's been anonymous since.

Lawrence doing absolutely nothing to repay the faith the management has in him and Waghorn isn't doing much more.

Rooney is having a poor game, not sure he has the legs to play twice in four days.

Middlesbrough are aggressive, on the front foot and have a quality striker to aim at, creating a focal point to every attack. Yes, his goal was from a yard but he made it himself by being all over that six yard area.

Thank goodness for Jason Knight because he has been the only ray of hope so far for us.

Get a manager NOW , how any of that bunch including Rooney can sit in the dressing room at half time and look knight in the eye is beyond me if they had a quarter of his passion work rate and determination we would not be in this mess , we have a bunch of half arsed lazy strollers and that’s not down to cocu he found they’re slow play and lack of tempo and passion frustrating too and pointed it out all the time , no bugger moving off the ball at all , give it away easily and don’t fight to win it back ,I wouldn’t pay them in washers

3 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Rooney regularly complains to other players despite typically being at fault for losing the ball.

The whole team desperately needs to push higher up the pitch. We need to be fit enough to press them hard and put them under pressure.

Shame JHI isn’t on the bench because Waghorn has completely given up. Jack Stretton, be a good lad and show them how it’s done.

I don

I don't think Waghorn has given up he has just had appalling service. I'm not sure any CF we have had in the last 20 years could do anything with the supply he is getting.  

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Need to take Jozwiak off before he gets sent off. 

Could take off the front three and not notice. 

Bird also struggling. 

Knight trying to win midfield on his own. Deserves a better team. 

This team looks shot. 

Half time team talk should be from a shrink not a manager. 

Players are actually getting worse

Archived