Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

After the Bristol game, i would go with this line up for wednesday. 

image.png.f3cf6777e735ccbf2f80628c24c8c7c7.png

Subs: Roos, Forsyth, Davies, Rooney, Shinnie, Bielik, Lawrence, Hector-Ingram, Whittaker

Jozwiak has to come back in and drop Lawrence he's been out of form for several games now.

Kazim up front but could easily go Hector-Ingram aswell and move Waghorn out wide.

Stop playing Knight out of position he is so much more effective in the middle. 

Bird had a good game in DM but not sure how he would cope in a one rather than 2 DM

Would give Holmes another chance but hard to leave out Shinnie this season. 

Rooney to the bench. He's great at pinging the passes round but its clear that his legs have gone after 55-60min. Maybe more of a sub now at his age.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've changed management team (or have we?), but not much has changed on the pitch. 

We're still bottom and desperately need a win. Typical that we'll be up against Neil Warnock, a man famous in my household for wearing white socks and having no eyebrows. He's also, I'm reliably informed, a decent manager whose teams are difficult to play against. Joy.

Will Rooney, Rosenior, Given and Walker be able to make these players remember they are allowed to shoot and score goals? 

Will Tom Lawrence remember how to make a single correct decision on the ball?

We'll find out.

My team (not that it'll happen):

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom    Clarke   Buchanan

Bird     

Knight             Bielik

Whittaker                                 Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

Subs: Roos, Shinnie, Rooney, Holmes, Lawrence, Hector-Ingram, Sibley, Forsyth, Waghorn

13 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Subs: Roos, Forsyth, Davies, Rooney, Shinnie, Bielik, Lawrence, Hector-Ingram, Whittaker

Jozwiak has to come back in and drop Lawrence he's been out of form for several games now.

Kazim up front but could easily go Hector-Ingram aswell and move Waghorn out wide.

Bird had a good game in DM but not sure how he would cope in a one rather than 2 DM

Rooney to the bench. He's great at pinging the passes round but its clear that his legs have gone after 55-60min. Maybe more of a sub now at his age.

Bielik for Bird, Sibley for Holmes (did you forget Sibley altogether?)

Back 6 picks itself for me. Could argue between Bird and Bielik, but would be fine with either. 

Knight and Sibley ahead of them. Joswiak, Stretton/JHI, Whittaker as the front three

Drop Rooney - he can stick with the coaching team and fore the love of god don't push Knight onto the wing again.

When does Mel’s isolation finish ? It would be handy if it was after this game. I wouldn’t wish a gloating Gibson smirking like a Cheshire Cat at our current woes on him. 

If Lawrence starts I’ve got to admit, I’ll be disappointed. He’d be the first out the door if I had my way, I’ve tried to cut him some slack over his grief, I’m not heartless, but he frustrates and disappoints time and time again and we don’t have the luxury of carrying a player “not on it” prolifically at this moment in time.

You need your head examined if you think Holmes should be in the side. 
He reminds me of the kid at school that was kinda good at football but physically couldn’t match anyone so he wasn’t much hard to tackle or go past. Should be no where near the team. Especially not in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Warnock is an expert at stopping teams playing their usual game.

As our usual game doesn't involve us creating anything, I'm looking forward to a goal fest.

Boro 1-4 Derby

Lawrence manages to not shoot a defender and the goalie is so surprised he just watches it trickle in. Then it gets even better as Rooney subs himself off. Boro come back into it but in the second half CKR starts to channel Chris Martin and sets up the next 2 for Jozwiak and Knight and right at the death we break and counter as time is running out and Knight gets his second.

Or we might just lose 2-0 and the R&R believers will see more improvment, and the skeptics will not.

Archived