Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Can anyone please who was cheerleading Saturdays performance please pick out the positives in that half? 

I thought we played well Saturday tbf... but that first half was beyond awful. At least stevie Mac has gone straight into the dressing room haha #spiritof4-4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second half 

Rooney up top and Sibley in the middle. 
Let bird sit and Sibley Knight Joz and Lawrence play off Rooney. 
No idea what waghorn is but he has duck all impact, he can’t hold the ball, he cant run in behind and he doesn’t hassle defenders... so he what does he do? At least Rooney might bring the ball into play more up the pitch and stop him slowing it down in the middle of the park. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The interview after last game from Rosenior almost seemed like arrogant to me. Like they believed they could sort this. Well, they can't. Rooney and Rosenior are not the answer, they're out of their depth. 

Pep would be out his depth. You cant polish a turd

Really poor first half! Low confidence in the team. No one really wants it. Lawrence and Rooney should not be playing 2nd half. I thought Rooney was playing in a red shirt the amount of times he lost control of the ball and it ended up at a boro player's feet. If we don't get a quick goal then it's another game gone! 

Have to say, i really enjoy Steele being on Radio Derby, he offers proper insight into what will be going on behind closed doors and has sound knowledge of the game. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I think committee management doesn't work. No wonder we look so slow, they have to convene a meeting!

Knew we’d turn you eventually ?

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Can anyone please who was cheerleading Saturdays performance please pick out the positives in that half? 

I can't that's nothing like BC game. Not dealing well with the pressure on us, plus we've stopped looking for first ball forwards. Waghorn is utterly redundant.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Waghorn: invisible.Lawrence: petulant & ineffective. 

We are effectively a team of 9 players when these 2 are starters. 

Yet we keep picking these players that aren’t performing. madness when you think Cocu went and this lot have carried on in the same vein. 
Waghorn just can’t play upfront it’s not a criticism it’s an observation. 
Lawrence has bags of talent, just 0 application when the chips are down. 
When the going gets tough etc etc

Same old. We dont work hard enough off the ball or without the ball to win it back. When theyre in possession we are ball watching. Where as they are busting a gut to win it back 

Any time we look like there is a break on the move breaks down because we cant play a simple pass or someone can't control a football. Its rubbish 

Waghorn only man in the box stood static for crosses. Even if you're not going to win it take a gamble and go for it & smash into the keeper. 

We're a very poor side. 

Archived