Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Totally agree about Waghorn but don’t think he’s much cop anywhere else. Somehow, we spent a lot of money on this pair. Some think we’ve got too many good players to go down...so who are these good players? 

Not Waghorn, Lawrence nor Holmes the way they've been playing!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mafiabob said:

Its been all season though for me, he’s 15 yards away from the guy crossing and then when it goes in he stands on the edge of the box watching. Yep Clarke is ball watching for the goal, but for the full back to stand watching is criminal. It goes back to desire for me this.

I think he stands off because the overlap is constantly on. 

Byrne even went past Lawrence to win a header from their GK. The winger runs into the space behind Byrne hoping for they win possession and he's in.... What is Lawrence doing? Stood there. It should have been his header in the first place. 

And what happened? They got in behind Byrne. 

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

You don't think Rooney is a huge problem? Been slowing us down since lockdown. Best games have been without him. 

I refuse to believe he didn't play a part in getting the manager gone. And for what?

Agree, no urgency or tempo when he plays.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

What a poor half. Jozwiak started brightly, they whacked into him a couple of times and he's been anonymous since.

Lawrence doing absolutely nothing to repay the faith the management has in him and Waghorn isn't doing much more.

Rooney is having a poor game, not sure he has the legs to play twice in four days.

Middlesbrough are aggressive, on the front foot and have a quality striker to aim at, creating a focal point to every attack. Yes, his goal was from a yard but he made it himself by being all over that six yard area.

Thank goodness for Jason Knight because he has been the only ray of hope so far for us.

Spot on again although the ball hasn’t  been nowhere near Waghorn 

Middlesbrough just popping it to the far post to head back in and tap it in where as we cross to the far post to no one 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know WHO picked the team?

I hope they didn't,  they ducked up warning the world about coronavirus I don't want them picking our team.

10 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Second half 

Rooney up top and Sibley in the middle. 
Let bird sit and Sibley Knight Joz and Lawrence play off Rooney. 
No idea what waghorn is but he has duck all impact, he can’t hold the ball, he cant run in behind and he doesn’t hassle defenders... so he what does he do? At least Rooney might bring the ball into play more up the pitch and stop him slowing it down in the middle of the park. 

Just saying... 

Archived