Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

@DanS1992 @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta @ThePrisoner @Sith Happens

I'll be honest lads; I completely forgot there was a game on tonight.

I've been disinterested of late (for obvious reasons) and it slipped my mind ?

I'm here for the second half of this atrocity, though! 

You aren't the only one who forgot, the Derby management team did too. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Might help if Lawrence tracked the extra man. 

He's a ducking Bamford for leaving the overlap. 

Its been all season though for me, he’s 15 yards away from the guy crossing and then when it goes in he stands on the edge of the box watching. Yep Clarke is ball watching for the goal, but for the full back to stand watching is criminal. It goes back to desire for me this.

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Yet we keep picking these players that aren’t performing. madness when you think Cocu went and this lot have carried on in the same vein. 
Waghorn just can’t play upfront it’s not a criticism it’s an observation. 
Lawrence has bags of talent, just 0 application when the chips are down. 
When the going gets tough etc etc

Absolutely. Lawrence is a 20% player. 1 in 5 games he clicks but 80% he’s not present.

Totally agree about Waghorn but don’t think he’s much cop anywhere else. Somehow, we spent a lot of money on this pair. Some think we’ve got too many good players to go down...so who are these good players? 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

@rynnyso u don’t blame cocu for any of this ?

Lmfao 

it’s on him .. totally on him 

You don't think Rooney is a huge problem? Been slowing us down since lockdown. Best games have been without him. 

I refuse to believe he didn't play a part in getting the manager gone. And for what?

4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Waghorn only man in the box stood static for crosses. Even if you're not going to win it take a gamble and go for it & smash into the keeper. 

Wants to wait for the ball. Need a proper striker on if not Stretton then even I'm wondering whether Colin might make more of it.

Need more changes than I originally thought to get anything out of this game now... we're absolutely awful ?

Taking advantage of the 5 substitutes rule... Rooney, Lawrence, Jozwiak and Waghorn off; Shinnie, Sibley, Stretton and Kazim-Richards on. Pack the middle of the pitch and give the full backs instructions to overlap.

Second half:

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan
Bird
Knight, Shinnie
Sibley
Stretton, Kazim-Richards

I thought it was ok until they scored then its been awful but that has been how it has been all season. 

Oh for the days of going behind and thinking you still could win, we did that a lot under mac and Lampard 

Archived