Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is sort of takeover is bound to split the fans. Personally I couldn't care less where the money is coming from, just get us in to Europe Sheikhy baby. 

Disclaimer - I am aware that I'm a bit of a helmet so not saying my stance is great at all ?

Also wonder if a lot of the people saying no have been lucky enough to have already seen us win Division 1 and play in Europe. If that's the case I could see why they might be more sceptical of it all. For a young'un like me its the dream scenario. 

You get the impression some people just have to moan at everything..no investment let's moan about lack of ambition useless signings..potential huge investment let's moan about becoming a plastic club with plastic fans or let's moan about the new owners without knowing anything about them.. even suggestions people will be happy if the deal falls through..

Unbelievable really..if this really does come off it could potentially put us back in the big time...a lot of us older fans probably wondering if that could ever happen again..

Just a silly suggestion..why not actually try and be positive..just for once. Look at the potential if this deal happens..who knows if it will but just be positive..embrace the potential..dream big..

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ive always believed that Percy has a direct link to Mel as his information is always spot on. 

for him to post this tells me this is done and dusted.  

Either him or Pearce. He's never been wrong about anything that I can recall. 

Just had a quick scan over some of what was being said when the Newcastle takeover was happening and one thing that stuck out was that they were originally planning to keep Mike Ashley on in some capacity. This means that there’s a good possibility of Morris, Pearce etc will be staying on in some way and I presume little disruption to the long term goals?

I’ve decided that I’m not altogether chuffed about this. I’m actually quite content with how the club is being run at the moment (irrespective of league position and performances). A new owner is no guarantee of either wealth or success. It is however likely to engender a lot of change, which isn’t necessarily positive.

Guess just have to wait and see.

Archived