Abu Derby County

tinman

37 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

My Newcastle fan mate said this guy fundamentally failed to prove he actually had any money

Mike Ashley - The most desperate man in football to sell his club - Didn't sell

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

This guy is the cousin of Man City's owners. I think they're typically ok, unless you're homosexual (or a cross-dresser apparently) or overly drunk or have drugs in your system. I mean, still pretty intolerant, but more tolerant than the Saudis. 

Or if you're a woman 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

My Newcastle fan mate said this guy fundamentally failed to prove he actually had any money

Mike Ashley - The most desperate man in football to sell his club - Didn't sell

Or if you're a woman 

Incredibly, Dubai/UAE would be considered the most progressive of the Muslim states with regards to women and it's still shocking to read some of their restrictions and limitations. 

This is bad news as far as I'm concerned. Best case scenario it goes through and we become everything we want to be having sold our soul to oppressive, regressive owners linked to states violating human rights on a daily basis. Worst case scenario it goes through and they are everything I listed above as well as being crap at running a football club and we ultimately end up in a huge mess. 

Doesn't smell right to me. 

8 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Apologies if this is a dumb/ignorant FFP post but what is the point in having it if we're not allowed to spend it?

I think that's a very good question and points to how regressive FFP actually is.

I've often wondered if a mega-rich owner would just do something like organise a huge sponsorship deal through a fronted organisation. The EFL would challenge it, but hopefully we'd be in the Premier League before the court case would be resolved. 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Mel won’t sell unless it’s right so I wouldn’t worry

He borrowed money from Henry Gabay, who’s facing extradition to Germany over a massive tax scandal - although he’s now posted bail

i mean, his decision making in general since taking over the club has been hit and miss at best 

what makes you think he’ll get it right in reference to a takeover? 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think that's a very good question and points to how regressive FFP actually is.

I've often wondered if a mega-rich owner would just do something like organise a huge sponsorship deal through a fronted organisation. The EFL would challenge it, but hopefully we'd be in the Premier League before the court case would be resolved. 

That's what everybody else has relied upon and got away with...when you reach the promised land,all your naughty deeds in the EFL seemingly disappear #intheclub

Can't blame Mel for wanting to recuperate significant investment year on year. I would imagine he will want and probably be wanted to have some involvement with the club if we were to be taken over and wouldn't wish to sell us down the pan for sheer financial reasons. I trust Mel on his judgement to do what is right for him and the long term wellbeing of the club and have nothing but admiration for his commitment towards trying to make us a successful,sustainable football club.

Should new investors ,owners come to the fore. I hope it is for the good of the club and we may be able to further develop such as Liecester city ,and we can remember Mel as a true owner supporter that dispite not achieving the ultimate of getting us to the promised land. More importantly laid solid foundations within the academy and club to ensure future success .

Hopefully exciting times ahead ,let's see what transpired in Mel I trust.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This is bad news as far as I'm concerned. Best case scenario it goes through and we become everything we want to be having sold our soul to oppressive, regressive owners linked to states violating human rights on a daily basis. Worst case scenario it goes through and they are everything I listed above as well as being crap at running a football club and we ultimately end up in a huge mess. 

Doesn't smell right to me. 

I tend to agree with your point but I know of another clubs supporters who seem to sleep easy at night having an alleged international drug dealer , money launderer and match fixer owning them 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I’m sure the fans of Man City wished they didn’t have their current owners.

It's a difficult thing for some fans to navigate. 

Can you still love your club if it's being run by people involved in the running of states in which human rights abuses regularly take place? 

Some people won't care, some will. It's a complex question. Winning at any cost isn't of any interest to me. I'd rather thar our club wasn't a PR vehicle for that sort of state, if that meant not winning a few trophies then so be it. 

Just now, ram1964 said:

Can't blame Mel for wanting to recuperate significant investment year on year. I would imagine he will want and probably be wanted to have some involvement with the club if we were to be taken over and wouldn't wish to sell us down the pan for sheer financial reasons. I trust Mel on his judgement to do what is right for him and the long term wellbeing of the club and have nothing but admiration for his commitment towards trying to make us a successful,sustainable football club.

Should new investors ,owners come to the fore. I hope it is for the good of the club and we may be able to further develop such as Liecester city ,and we can remember Mel as a true owner supporter that dispite not achieving the ultimate of getting us to the promised land. More importantly laid solid foundations within the academy and club to ensure future success .

Hopefully exciting times ahead ,let's see what transpired in Mel I trust.

Not sure I trust him but still the potential for better times 

Archived