Abu Derby County

tinman

I think we've got to be realistic. I would love us to be successful with an Mel  but let's face it it's very unlikely to happen with the way football is going. Football is a global business and we can't turn the clock back. We need investment and quite honestly if someone is prepared to invest heavily in the club then we ought to welcome it.  It will bring excitement and renewed vigour to our club and hopefully will allow us once again to compete with the likes of Manchester City who were like us not so long ago. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm undecided on this. Mel Morris has the right intentions seems a decent guy but has ultimately been a failure and at the moment the decision he made to appoint Cocu is looking a very bad one and pretty much every decision he has made in hind sight has not worked out. Saying that I'd rather Derby be a terrible league 1 club and atleast be a local team rather than the new Man City with plastic fans, a new stadium full of tourists and crap atmosphere and no local players. Also if the owner has dodgy principles and morals and has middle age ways of treating people then I'd rather be a team that's in league 1 or a rubbish championship side than have some dodgy ducker come in who may equally be unsuccessful, at least Morris has the right intentions. 

So you are now Cocu in? ?

Whilst, like everyone else on here, I have a desire for Derby to be successful, I can't get rid of an overwhelming feeling of "Be careful what you wish for". I suspect that the majority of us will only appreciate what an amazing owner/chairman Mel Morris is/was after he has gone. I, for one, would not be at all disappointed if this deal fell through.

2 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Whilst, like everyone else on here, I have a desire for Derby to be successful, I can't get rid of an overwhelming feeling of "Be careful what you wish for". I suspect that the majority of us will only appreciate what an amazing owner/chairman Mel Morris is/was after he has gone. I, for one, would not be at all disappointed if this deal fell through.

We'll have such successful times to look back on. 

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

That’s why we will never achieve anything with that mentality. Ask Wolves fans about it. Already been in Europe and were in League one a few years ago 

Just now, Ambitious said:

I think the EFL may forego the fit and proper person test on the premise they will NOT have to deal with Mel anymore... ?

I think the fit and proper person test mostly checks that they are a living person and not someone being Weekend at Bernies'd

6 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

So you are now Cocu in? ?

No, but even though I complain I'm not that strongly Cocu out. If we loose to Bournemouth I'd want him out, I'm at a tipping point stage where if we loose and loose badly that's it for me but he could redeem himself at this stage. Just though. 

Archived