Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Son of a family that is worth billions I think. 

A bit like our sheikh - wasn't clear from what I read that he had personal access to billions. 

He has a trust fund of around 2 billion according to reports. 

No idea what actual capital he has access to currently. 

He could be their messiah, or just a very naughty boy

18 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

In other news, seems the DET site is once more right on the pulse of the story - this clipped just now from their headlines.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 163244.png

That isn’t a headline. That’s one of the many old items/misleading claim adverts etc that clutter up many web sites and appear after the real current news or other item. I suspect you knew that though but posted it anyway.

3 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

That isn’t a headline. That’s one of the many old items/misleading claim adverts etc that clutter up many web sites and appear after the real current news or other item. I suspect you knew that though but posted it anyway.

Nope, I clicked it and it took me to a page from the DET from June 2019. Or have I now mistakenly ordered a cure for my earwax?

On 18/02/2021 at 22:32, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With Mel apparently resigned to selling on the cheap it could be an outstanding opportunity buy DCFC. Covid hopefully getting under control fans back next season, superb stadium and facilities, well supported etc. 

The actual purchase price isn't the only consideration. Yes it's a decent stadium with a fantastic fan base. The difficulty is the unsustainable operating costs, which is probably one of the primary reasons  Mr Morris ( a very wealthy man) wants out. Player wages are too high and most clubs are spending more than they are earning. Not sure how a change in ownership addresses this. 

12 hours ago, europia said:

The actual purchase price isn't the only consideration. Yes it's a decent stadium with a fantastic fan base. The difficulty is the unsustainable operating costs, which is probably one of the primary reasons  Mr Morris ( a very wealthy man) wants out. Player wages are too high and most clubs are spending more than they are earning. Not sure how a change in ownership addresses this. 

Derby v. competitors.

Infrastructure, stadium and training ground fairly modern, may need some backlog maintenance doing, but less problems than most. Stadium could be expanded if required. Space for commercial opportunities.

Day to day costs. There are teams in the championship balancing the books, Middlesbrough, Preston, QPR (since their fine), but means difficult to mount promotion challenge. A new owner would need to keep their nerve for a few years if they wanted to stabilise the finances before trying to mount a promotion challenge. The question is whether the fans would be happy...

On 19/02/2021 at 18:06, Ruud Aralliss said:

Did Sunderland just get taken over by a billionaire?

On 19/02/2021 at 18:07, oldtimeram said:

Yes a kid bought them

After Covid many teams will be in serious debt. Any new owner should clearly be allowed to pay off that debt. If I bought a business I would then want to speculate to accumulate. Why would I not be allowed to invest 50 million quid in order to get the promotion windfall. Why is not a restriction of trade. Some changes need to be made for the Rams to progress quickly.

The clown in the below video was on a recent episode of Rich Holiday, Poor Holiday on C5. Now I’m sure he’s got a bit more money than your average Joe, but being worth the £20m he claims is obviously bullpoo. He repeatedly said he was driving around in a Bentley when it was in fact a Chrysler 300c. Him and his business partner also discussed what kind of holiday they’d be going on whilst playing snooker, not on a full size table that you’d expect a wealthy person to have, but a 4”6 one stuck in his dining room!! He’s a fraud...

My point is, our sheikh is obviously this type of guy. Trying to live a champagne lifestyle on a Lambrini budget...

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The clown in the below video was on a recent episode of Rich Holiday, Poor Holiday on C5. Now I’m sure he’s got a bit more money than your average Joe, but being worth the £20m he claims is obviously bullpoo. He repeatedly said he was driving around in a Bentley when it was in fact a Chrysler 300c. Him and his business partner also discussed what kind of holiday they’d be going on whilst playing snooker, not on a full size table that you’d expect a wealthy person to have, but a 4”6 one stuck in his dining room!! He’s a fraud...

My point is, our sheikh is obviously this type of guy. Trying to live a champagne lifestyle on a Lambrini budget...

More like a Vimto budget

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

After Covid many teams will be in serious debt. Any new owner should clearly be allowed to pay off that debt. If I bought a business I would then want to speculate to accumulate. Why would I not be allowed to invest 50 million quid in order to get the promotion windfall. Why is not a restriction of trade. Some changes need to be made for the Rams to progress quickly.

There are no rules which stop an owner from paying off debt.

Archived