Abu Derby County

tinman

On 19/02/2021 at 15:11, CornwallRam said:

I have no idea if this is of any relevance, but 2 days ago BZI registered at Companies House

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13208275

This Mr Shafqat Ali Said Akram was one of two people that set up a company called "J AND RAYS LTD" back on the 16th Dec 2016 they then changed the name to SKYNET GROUP OF COMPANIES LTD on the 20th Dec 2020. Their registered office address was 188 Uppingham Road, Leicester. It seems Mr Akram has started or registered this Bin Zahed company.

There is something a little fishy going on. I can only think that the Sheikh is getting contacts to open other companies, probably hoping for investments to raise enough money to make a purchase. I think this Sheikh, does have some money but wants capital poured in from other people so he does not squander all his cash if things go tits up.

On 19/02/2021 at 15:16, roboto said:

This guy is appointed as director

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/RcQbWtSALUwMUPlnZ5bQ6kNKHGg/appointments

Googling his name urned up little except that he's a director os another company registered in Leicestershire salled SKYNET (hopefully not that one from the future with all the killer robots) https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/10529073-skynet-group-of-companies-ltd

And also some human trafficking documents that I haven't read through but the name and residency seem to link up...

https://docplayer.net/102295886-Preface-human-smuggling-is-a-complex-social-phenomenon-having-multiple-push-pull-factors-the-situation-is-exacerbated-by-porous.html

For our deal they had Derventio and a Gibraltar holding company ready and waiting. I guess it’s possible that the deal has changed, they are putting a consortium together and they have established this new company because they need a different structure for the consortium. But doesn’t seem likely at this late stage. So this is probably for some other U.K. investment. 
Just interested @Cornwall ram- how did you pick this up ?

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

This Mr Shafqat Ali Said Akram was one of two people that set up a company called "J AND RAYS LTD" back on the 16th Dec 2016 they then changed the name to SKYNET GROUP OF COMPANIES LTD on the 20th Dec 2020. Their registered office address was 188 Uppingham Road, Leicester. It seems Mr Akram has started or registered this Bin Zahed company.

There is something a little fishy going on. I can only think that the Sheikh is getting contacts to open other companies, probably hoping for investments to raise enough money to make a purchase. I think this Sheikh, does have some money but wants capital poured in from other people so he does not squander all his cash if things go tits up.

Isn’t it Bin Zayed International who are involved in DCFC, not Bin Zayed Investments? 

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Isn’t it Bin Zayed International who are involved in DCFC, not Bin Zayed Investments? 

The Akram guy is shown as the shareholder. And there is no indication that BZG in UAE is a controller. But still likely to be connected with BZG (Akram is from UAE according to the filing). But whether it’s anything to do with our deal is another question completely. 

1 hour ago, Olton Ram said:

Derby are referred to in this Guardian article this morning, regarding the use of US loans:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/22/sign-of-the-times-how-english-clubs-are-turning-to-high-interest-us-loans

It also mentions the never ending takeover

One reason British Banks do not want to make these loans is they fear the wrath of fans if they enforce or call in administrators. And that makes it easier for the US niche lenders to charge high rates. 

perfect opportunity for crowdfunding !!

It's like peeling back the layers of an onion.   I think thanks to the digging by everyone on this thread we've confirmed it's a complete buggers muddle and smacks of champagne ideas, beer money to quote @Tyler Durden - perfect analogy here IMO.  Sooner we're rid of what really looks like sheisters the better.  You only need to look at how they've tried this with other clubs, and failed.  It's over 3 months since this was supposedly just about sorted.  Train crash feels like an understatement ?

6 hours ago, BucksRam said:

It's like peeling back the layers of an onion.   I think thanks to the digging by everyone on this thread we've confirmed it's a complete buggers muddle and smacks of champagne ideas, beer money to quote @Tyler Durden - perfect analogy here IMO.  Sooner we're rid of what really looks like sheisters the better.  You only need to look at how they've tried this with other clubs, and failed.  It's over 3 months since this was supposedly just about sorted.  Train crash feels like an understatement ?

I just don't get it. This Sheikh seems to looking for a football club to buy then farts about until the selling club tells him to do one. What is he getting out of it. I think this is the last chance saloon for this cowboy, because every other football club in UK, once he comes sniffing will tell him to piss off.

P.S. Sorry for the language, but I hate tyre kickers aswell when you are selling a car.

18 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I just don't get it. This Sheikh seems to looking for a football club to buy then farts about until the selling club tells him to do one. What is he getting out of it. I think this is the last chance saloon for this cowboy, because every other football club in UK, once he comes sniffing will tell him to piss off.

P.S. Sorry for the language, but I hate tyre kickers aswell when you are selling a car.

He'll just be able to blame covid problems and go carpet-bagging again somewhere else - there'll be lots of desperate clubs.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He'll just be able to blame covid problems and go carpet-bagging again somewhere else - there'll be lots of desperate clubs.

I don't think a lot of other clubs would have the time to let it roll on. There will be lots of clubs looking for financial input, but unlike Derby who have been selling some academy talent to keep themselves afloat. Can not see any club, however desperate would take the risk of letting drag on. It will be; yes you buy and the deal will have to be done within a month of EFL clearance or bugger off !

11 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Derby are referred to in this Guardian article this morning, regarding the use of US loans:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/22/sign-of-the-times-how-english-clubs-are-turning-to-high-interest-us-loans

It also mentions the never ending takeover

The takeover is in pantomime territory. More of a concern is how the club will be able to pay off those crippling debts.