Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see that we are clearly seriously talking to other potential buyers now, I think even Mel has realised that the Sheikh isn’t ever going to cough up. Any sort of legitimate offer would surely be better than what’s currently on the table, which is £60m worth of non-existent money. I think there were previous reports that MSD would be willing to provide further funding to any reputable American group interested in taking us on, so I wonder if these lot will be back by Dell?

Its strange that the interview report in the Mail on Sunday comes out at the same time that the Sun states a group of American investors were alledged to have been shown around the club and its facilities ready to step in if the Bin Zayed group deal does not pull off.  An ideal scenario would be both parties buy 50% of the club and both invest money into the club

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Its strange that the interview report in the Mail on Sunday comes out at the same time that the Sun states a group of American investors were alledged to have been shown around the club and its facilities ready to step in if the Bin Zayed group deal does not pull off.  An ideal scenario would be both parties buy 50% of the club and both invest money into the club

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with two different owners coming together with equal voting rights.

barry manilow shades GIF

21 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Maybe they 'discovered'* some information about him, then told him they would report it if he didn't give them an exclusive.

*went thru his bins, tricked the grieving family of his friend, blackmailed a doctor, hacked his phone etc etc

Yes, could well be. The Daily Mail living up to their renowned high ethical standards. 

21 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Maybe they 'discovered'* some information about him, then told him they would report it if he didn't give them an exclusive.

Don’t buy this at all. Mel understands the fans’ frustration about information and this is an article that tells us exactly what the current status is. He clearly trusted the journo who wrote it and I would guess he (unusually) reviewed the article before it was published. 

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t buy this at all. Mel understands the fans’ frustration about information and this is an article that tells us exactly what the current status is. He clearly trusted the journo who wrote it and I would guess he (unusually) reviewed the article before it was published. 

Hopefully that was the case.

I think Mel has lost patience with the process, hence giving the interview to the Mail which essentially tells us that BZG are dragging their heels, then news of some potential new suitors is mysteriously leaked to the press around the same time.

I don't think those two things are a coincidence. Mel/the club are sending a message that it's time for BZG to cack or get off the pot because we've got options.

https://the72.co.uk/222047/the-americans-return-to-Derby-county-in-secret-but-what-secrets-do-they-have-a-deeper-look-into-the-latest-takeover-rumour/

Who ever successfully acquires Derby county, I would like them to be keen to financially take the club forward. 

Derby needs stability of ownership.

Rumour has it that there's an American business group interested in Derby, but it also says that the group are linked to American Business owner Michael Dell. It says that a via different business entities MSD already owns Burnley and Southampton.

Unsubstantiated if there's a grain of truth in the rumour, but selling a club that needs stability to a business that already owns two clubs, that doesnt feel like stability to me.

Owning another club abroad at the same time as Derby would not concern me, but owning two other clubs in England ...

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://the72.co.uk/222047/the-americans-return-to-Derby-county-in-secret-but-what-secrets-do-they-have-a-deeper-look-into-the-latest-takeover-rumour/

Who ever successfully acquires Derby county, I would like them to be keen to financially take the club forward. 

Derby needs stability of ownership.

Rumour has it that there's an American business group interested in Derby, but it also says that the group are linked to American Business owner Michael Dell. It says that a via different business entities MSD already owns Burnley and Southampton.

Unsubstantiated if there's a grain of truth in the rumour, but selling a club that needs stability to a business that already owns two clubs, that doesnt feel like stability to me.

Owning another club abroad at the same time as Derby would not concern me, but owning two other clubs in England ...

I think the rules prevent Dell from owning Derby, because Dell has made loans to other clubs? If that’s right,  they would need to sell those other loans before going ahead. 

Archived