Abu Derby County

tinman

1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

It's certainly not showing us in a very good light

Indeed not but on the other hand, there's not an awful lot of good light to be had, is there?

Nothing in the piece is inaccurate is it? We are struggling in the league, skint, the takeover didn't happen, we failed to go up through the playoffs twice in the last few seasons, we were cleared of wrong-doing in the sale of the ground... any of this actually wrong?

If the article is painting us in a bad light, it's not out of malice, it's out of accurately stating what has happened to the club recently.

2 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

It's certainly not showing us in a very good light

Because we're not in a good place, it'd be hard to write a news article putting DCFC in a good light. And if we were in a good place, newspapers wouldn't be writing about us. Misery shifts more newspapers than life being good.

It's also probably someone noticed us v forest is on sky tomorrow so someone said better put something on them in the paper.

Don't be surprised if an article about forest appears as if by magic tomorrow.

There's nothing in terms of actually new information in the article and it even concluded we're ok until a new buyer is found.  

I thought that was a well written and interesting walkthrough of the various financial goings on. It all seems extremely murky which may (or may not) have impacted on Mel's ability to easily sell up.

I don't get why posters are upset about it; it's not having a go or stirring up poo, it's a valid piece of journalism assessing the plight of the club. 

42 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

From reading that article it seems as if our owner has dropped us well and truly in the brown stuff.  I think we all knew that anyway.

The sooner he's gone the better

Better the devil you know

Best scenario now would be for MM to be in good health and decide for one last push w WR. 

Admittedly his great grandchildren (to be) might disagree

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Indeed not but on the other hand, there's not an awful lot of good light to be had, is there?

Nothing in the piece is inaccurate is it? We are struggling in the league, skint, the takeover didn't happen, we failed to go up through the playoffs twice in the last few seasons, we were cleared of wrong-doing in the sale of the ground... any of this actually wrong?

If the article is painting us in a bad light, it's not out of malice, it's out of accurately stating what has happened to the club recently.

...sold Pride Park to Morris for a reported £80m and leased the property back from him for £40m.
It was actually sold for £81m (£40m profit) and leased back at £1.1m per year. I can excuse the £80m rounding, but he's made up the £40m lease as far as I can tell

The article drums up the significance of Gabay and tries to downplay the fact the club have stated the outstanding charge with Gabay's company is actually a land Registry error. 

But with the debts piling up.
The only evidence available to the public suggests it's not cub debt. Either another of Mel's companies owes the club money (for the stadium), or Mel/another company owes MSD money for a loan which was used to pay the money owed for the stadium?

“Literally every day is spent trying to work out how to improve our situation,” he said.
Seems to be taken out of context to me. The article makes it sound like a financial situation, whereas reality is Mel was referring to  getting the takeover completed.

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And if we were in a good place, newspapers wouldn't be writing about us. Misery shifts more newspapers than life being good.

I don't think that is as true with sports news. There are regularly stories about teams that are doing well, why they are doing well etc.

We are a big club with seemingly some financial issues. It's a pretty big story. We could equally ask why this story hasn't had more exposure yet.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Except it's not. 

Do you imagine that at the editorial meeting the editor says to one of his subs, 'I want 1000 words on why Derby County are crap'?

I’m sure someone will put together one of those Hitler parody videos showing exactly this.. We normally get them around Derby day..?