Abu Derby County

tinman

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think the rules prevent Dell from owning Derby, because Dell has made loans to other clubs? If that’s right,  they would need to sell those other loans before going ahead. 

I believe that it's fine for MSD to loan money to numerous clubs as long as they have no say in their running. Where it would get complicated is they actually took control of a club. The thing is though MSD is owned by the Dell family, but not directly run by them. I think that Dell could still buy Derby County, but the company that they did it through would just have to be completely separate from MSD. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes no sense at all for Dell to buy the club. They have recognized football (at least outside the Prem) is a loss-making endeavour so their business model is to loan money to desperate clubs at high rates of interest and with good security on the loan (eg Pride Park). It seems to be going well for them. Why throw it all away by taking on a loss-making club instead?

7 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://the72.co.uk/222047/the-americans-return-to-Derby-county-in-secret-but-what-secrets-do-they-have-a-deeper-look-into-the-latest-takeover-rumour/

Who ever successfully acquires Derby county, I would like them to be keen to financially take the club forward. 

Derby needs stability of ownership.

Rumour has it that there's an American business group interested in Derby, but it also says that the group are linked to American Business owner Michael Dell. It says that a via different business entities MSD already owns Burnley and Southampton.

Unsubstantiated if there's a grain of truth in the rumour, but selling a club that needs stability to a business that already owns two clubs, that doesnt feel like stability to me.

Owning another club abroad at the same time as Derby would not concern me, but owning two other clubs in England ...

Might be handy for loans but given Burnley's history of trying to poach our best players every season, I'd have to agree. Also agree, if that's what you're implying, that there's potential for such pretty massive conflicts of interest. They're swimming in cash though, so there's that. Must confess when the rumours around MSD first circulated I was pretty excited. Bit of a let down to discover the sum total was effectively nothing more than a bridging loan ?

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Heads of Terms is not a legally binding document.

You can have legally binding clauses in Heads of Terms but I imagine it is unlikely. 

Irrelevant anyway, MM said there is a contractual obligation and you'd have to imagine if the deal was structured for exchange with delayed completion that there must be some timescales referred to.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It makes no sense at all for Dell to buy the club. They have recognized football (at least outside the Prem) is a loss-making endeavour so their business model is to loan money to desperate clubs at high rates of interest and with good security on the loan (eg Pride Park). It seems to be going well for them. Why throw it all away by taking on a loss-making club instead?

Give Wayne a few quid to get us promoted then selling it at Xmas would make a good turnover for an owner not bothered about football. Derby has got to be worth sixty mill with debts cleared. 200 mill if we get promoted.

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://the72.co.uk/222047/the-americans-return-to-Derby-county-in-secret-but-what-secrets-do-they-have-a-deeper-look-into-the-latest-takeover-rumour/

Who ever successfully acquires Derby county, I would like them to be keen to financially take the club forward. 

Derby needs stability of ownership.

Rumour has it that there's an American business group interested in Derby, but it also says that the group are linked to American Business owner Michael Dell. It says that a via different business entities MSD already owns Burnley and Southampton.

Unsubstantiated if there's a grain of truth in the rumour, but selling a club that needs stability to a business that already owns two clubs, that doesnt feel like stability to me.

Owning another club abroad at the same time as Derby would not concern me, but owning two other clubs in England ...

Reality is, the best owner to take this club forward is the one who is currently trying to sell up. Unfortunately things didn't work out as we all hoped, and despite a few errors along the way, Mr Morris gave it a real good go. Prospective new owners mentioned have no emotional association with the club, so we can only assume the motivation is financial gain. The business plan for turning profit from a loss making championship football club would make interesting reading indeed. 

18 hours ago, europia said:

Reality is, the best owner to take this club forward is the one who is currently trying to sell up. Unfortunately things didn't work out as we all hoped, and despite a few errors along the way, Mr Morris gave it a real good go. Prospective new owners mentioned have no emotional association with the club, so we can only assume the motivation is financial gain. The business plan for turning profit from a loss making championship football club would make interesting reading indeed. 

Read that the possible new owners toured the training ground and maybe the stadium. Would expect them to try and buy the club along with all the assets. The plan would be to achieve PL football using controlled financial investment combined with good football management and be prepared to take quite a few years if necessary.

7 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Read that the possible new owners toured the training ground and maybe the stadium. Would expect them to try and buy the club along with all the assets. The plan would be to achieve PL football using controlled financial investment combined with good football management and be prepared to take quite a few years if necessary.

Is that a recent visit? By the sheikhs mob? 

6 minutes ago, derby8 said:

That's that knackered then let's hope they didn't see the players performing on the pitch when Cocu was here or read a league table. 

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Is that a recent visit? By the sheikhs mob? 

Not them, a new group over last weekend I think, prob the US ones, maybe not the ones with the mortgage over the ground though, they would have looked at the assets previously would have thought.

Archived