Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading stuff like that makes it hard to keep criticising him, can’t blame him for selling if he isn’t well last thing he needs is extra stress from running the club, he has put a lot of money in that’s for sure and reading the article it does sound a little like he knows the Sheikh is fake and isn’t going to be buying the club and he will be looking for a new buyer as soon as the contractual stage is over. With him saying he will keep bankrolling the club till he finds a buyer I hope we won’t see anymore payment mishaps and the club can go under the radar for a few months 

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

I am surprised it was the Daily mail he spoke to a paper that for the last year has always been negative towards Derby, thought Percy might of had the call

Maybe they 'discovered'* some information about him, then told him they would report it if he didn't give them an exclusive.

*went thru his bins, tricked the grieving family of his friend, blackmailed a doctor, hacked his phone etc etc

On 11/02/2021 at 22:09, europia said:

Actually there may be a benefit, if for instance the agreed price could perhaps be renegotiated. Hypothetical of course, but considering the current climate, the original asking price might not be so attractive now (to the Sheikh). It would be a surprise if BZI actually complete the proposed takeover. Most likely outcome, Mr Morris will probably hang on till 2022 to attract another buyer, unless he decides to further cut his losses for quick(ish) sale. 

If he does not have the money to buy us how would he have the money to invest a lot in us. He may well have the money, who knows. Once he owns it, further investors may come on board to invest in us. It is s lot of speculation. Wayne keeping us up is the issue.

53 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Maybe they 'discovered'* some information about him, then told him they would report it if he didn't give them an exclusive.

*went thru his bins, tricked the grieving family of his friend, blackmailed a doctor, hacked his phone etc etc

"We're going to run this about you. Want to talk to us or just let it run" I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was something like that.

So far, every part of that Socfin document has turned out to be correct. 

That leads to the conclusion that Mel believes the BZI deal is off, but can't say so publicly for financial reasons. It looks like moves have been made to unofficially re-market the club, so Matt Slater's 'a takeover, rather than the takeover' appears to have some substance. 

It's good news that Mel has promised to keep us ticking over until a new owner comes in. We can all relax a bit now. I feel for Mel. It's not worked out very well, but he's done his best for the club at considerable personal cost. He's one of our own and deserves our sympathy and respect. 

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

So far, every part of that Socfin document has turned out to be correct. 

That leads to the conclusion that Mel believes the BZI deal is off, but can't say so publicly for financial reasons. It looks like moves have been made to unofficially re-market the club, so Matt Slater's 'a takeover, rather than the takeover' appears to have some substance. 

It's good news that Mel has promised to keep us ticking over until a new owner comes in. We can all relax a bit now. I feel for Mel. It's not worked out very well, but he's done his best for the club at considerable personal cost. He's one of our own and deserves our sympathy and respect. 

Meant contractual reasons, not financial. 

I think Mel probably did this interview with the Daily Mail for 2 reasons -

1. Because he may like this particular journalist, its not Matt Hughes afterall.

2. Because now any new article nonsense Matt Hughes makes up will make his own Daily Mail colleagues look crap so now less chance of these rubbish stories popping up

Although the article does say the Sheik has an obligation to buy, I think its more likely that, even if negotiations have been completed, that there is a fixed time frame in which the Sheik has to complete the deal i.e. Pay up. Should the deal not be completed within the set time frame then the Sheik looses his exclusivity and the For Sale sign goes back up.

Exclusivity should always be time bound.

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Although the article does say the Sheik has an obligation to buy, I think its more likely that, even if negotiations have been completed, that there is a fixed time frame in which the Sheik has to complete the deal i.e. Pay up. Should the deal not be completed within the set time frame then the Sheik looses his exclusivity and the For Sale sign goes back up.

Exclusivity should always be time bound.

Or maybe this time that para got left off the contract? ?

Archived