Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for Mel and the club, for having taken it as true that the funds had been "remitted" (sent to the lawyers), and was en route, but which had not yet arrived with the lawyers - and putting out a statement to that effect.

Besides, what would Mel want £60m for anyway? Don't they say that there is more reward in giving than receiving? (I'm not sure if anyone actually says that, but if they do ...)

Think of how much more pleasure Mel would derive from gifting is all a couple of players in the transfer window, compared with the alternative of simply receiving £60m!

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

They don't even know it hasn't already happened. They assume because they don't personally know the only possible explanation must be that the deal has fallen through. Some people just like to believe what they want to believe I suppose.

Can only go off information and evidence provided, either this is the longest buyout in history of it ain't happening,previous from shirk ,lack of movement points towards a collapse in take over. Either way doesn't look good Mel wants out and can't sell it shirk incapable of organising a buyout which if eventually goes through doesn't put him in a positive lite of being very proficient.

Im not sure what is going on, I doubt anyone on here really knows either.

I think from Rooney's comments both the club and the Sheikh thought it was pretty much done but then reports came out that the hold up was with Dell. Not sure how much blame can be laid at the club, Rooney or Sheikh's door for that.

Based off the statement mid December I think again both the club and Sheikh thought it would be done in the following 10 days (before Christmas), obviously this didnt happen, for what reason nobody knows. However, based on the letter sent to the players again both the club and Sheikh clearly thought it would be done before new year. The main thing from the letter is that the money has been remitted so is the confirmation to everyone it has been sent.

So now is the time we will know if its the real deal or not. Whether the club announce it straight away or not remains to be seen. As long as internally everyone knows its done, is there any major rush to announce it? Not like its going to impact the fans turning up for a game or not.

I do think though that if it had fell through the likes of the Daily Mail would be creaming themselves at running the story.

So after all that, my opinion is the deal is still on.

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im not sure what is going on, I doubt anyone on here really knows either.

I think from Rooney's comments both the club and the Sheikh thought it was pretty much done but then reports came out that the hold up was with Dell. Not sure how much blame can be laid at the club, Rooney or Sheikh's door for that.

Based off the statement mid December I think again both the club and Sheikh thought it would be done in the following 10 days (before Christmas), obviously this didnt happen, for what reason nobody knows. However, based on the letter sent to the players again both the club and Sheikh clearly thought it would be done before new year. The main thing from the letter is that the money has been remitted so is the confirmation to everyone it has been sent.

So now is the time we will know if its the real deal or not. Whether the club announce it straight away or not remains to be seen. As long as internally everyone knows its done, is there any major rush to announce it? Not like its going to impact the fans turning up for a game or not.

I do think though that if it had fell through the likes of the Daily Mail would be creaming themselves at running the story.

So after all that, my opinion is the deal is still on.

Good point re daily mail

7 hours ago, falconram said:

Just reading that Burnleys new owner has borrowed money from Michael Dell. Is it the loan from Dell earlier this year what's caused a problem? 

The buyer at Burnley has borrowed an awful lot of money from Dell - in fact the price paid is also very high for a club that without its current manager would probably be relegated and returned to its proper place in the football pyramid 

8 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Can only go off information and evidence provided, either this is the longest buyout in history of it ain't happening,previous from shirk ,lack of movement points towards a collapse in take over. Either way doesn't look good Mel wants out and can't sell it shirk incapable of organising a buyout which if eventually goes through doesn't put him in a positive lite of being very proficient.

Yes as i said its all guesswork on your part and you are all just assuming its collapsed just because you havent heard anything. Plenty of takeovers have taken as long or longer than this. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

The buyer at Burnley has borrowed an awful lot of money from Dell - in fact the price paid is also very high for a club that without its current manager would probably be relegated and returned to its proper place in the football pyramid 

Most likely the money borrowed has/will find it's way to Burnleys account and their debt, Just like the Glazers at Man Untd, Only difference is Burnley aren't world renowned and selling merchandice around the world aint that easy when your name is Burnley.

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Assuming it does fall through it seems pretty obvious to me that the only people that will make money out of this are the lawyers (if they get paid).

The thing I find puzzling are the doom merchants that seem to be trying to out do each other in converting the rest of us to accept that it has collapsed like some kind of door step evangelists instead of looking on with sad amusement at us for still holding out some hope. Maybe they're jostling for position in the "I told you so" battle. 

For me, I hope it still goes through but have ever increasing doubts. 

I'm not sure it going through IS a good thing. These prospective new owners haven't exactly shown themselves quick at closing the deal, and have apparently not remitted money in agreed time for wages to be paid. Doesn't smack of professionalism. Plus I am confused as to their interest in Derby.

I would actually rather this fall through and we wait for a better investor.  If that means we have to keep playing kids and getting in cheap deals for a while until finances sorted, so be it.  

21 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I'm not sure it going through IS a good thing. These prospective new owners haven't exactly shown themselves quick at closing the deal, and have apparently not remitted money in agreed time for wages to be paid. Doesn't smack of professionalism. Plus I am confused as to their interest in Derby.

I would actually rather this fall through and we wait for a better investor.  If that means we have to keep playing kids and getting in cheap deals for a while until finances sorted, so be it.  

Share your sentiments entirely,lets just hope it this does go through its for the good of the club and fans

Archived